Media Manager(784 Views)
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
Media manager is responsible for overseeing communications to the internal and External media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media representatives.
The media manager will report to Head of Media and Marketing
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2018||Reference:||019/2018|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare articles and press releases for the media.
• Ensure the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated, and consistent manner.
• Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
• Managing the social media marketing strategy for ACB; focusing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
• Execution of all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, increasing social reach, doing the heavy lifting, etc) for ACB and ACB’s clients.
• Manage the flow of news about the ACB to the media.
• Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
• Optimize communication system to enhance accuracy of communication.
• Create effective communication channels.
• Enhance effectiveness of press and publicity function.
• Address questions and complaints and guide and mentor ACB spokesmen.
• Develop relationships with national and regional press contacts to ensure the ACB reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism.
• Plan and oversee press events.
• Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them directly.
• Research and write briefing materials for ACB digital and print media.
• Compose and edit press releases, ACB literature, and articles for internal and external use.
• Develop strategic planning tenets and media best practices.
• Work with graphic designer and photographer to create new ad formats, that will showcase ACB as sports pioneer in Afghanistan.
• Prepare annual/quarterly reports.
• Oversee the consistent reporting of ACB achievements for each cricket team (U-19, A, Women, National, and Disable Cricket Team), including ACB business insights that can inform media as well as broader marketing actions.
• Exceptional business writing skills and can visualize as well as convey a message into relevant and interesting content.
• Deliver professional training in Sports Journalism, Photography and Videography
• To perform any other task may assign by line manager.
• In managing the Media Department the media Manager may be required to travel extensively around the country and sometimes internationally.
• Must be able to travel and balance work/life priorities.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experienced and skilled at presenting to senior leaders, in writing and orally.
• Ability to work with business leads and creative teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
• Passion for sport and understanding of cricket
• Familiarity with ICC rules and regulations
• Must have cricket knowledge or know about international player’s background and performance
• Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned partners
• Master degree with focus on Journalism and Mass Communication from a reputable university with maximum 5 years of relevant job experience
• Bachelor degree with maximum 7 years relevant work experience.
• Experience of Social Media experience on all major social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques, and technologies.
• Expert level skills in using and navigating social media networks’ native web apps, 3rd party social media tools, and “the internet” to run it all.
• Experience in test and scale environments; a demonstrated ability to successfully experiment with new formats and executions.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Media
Interested qualified candidates should submit a copy of their CV along with the cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mentione the vacancy number in subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Data Analyst at MOBY Group||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|JOURNALIST FORWARD MEDIA TEAM (Nangarhar) at NATO Afghanistan - Resolute ..||Nangarhar||13 Dec 2018|