Logistic/Transport Manager(902 Views)
About Kabul Carpet Export Center
-The Kabul Carpet Export Center project is funded under USAID’s Afghan Jobs Creation Program (AJCP). The Kabul Carpet Export Center (KCEC) remedies critical constraints in the Afghan carpet value chain, and in doing so creates jobs by increasing Afghanistan’s share of the international carpet market. KCEC introduces a single point of contact that links international rug buyers with carpet manufacturers across Afghanistan. The KCEC will assist buyers place orders with manufacturers then monitor production through every stage. The KCEC staff will also oversee communications between the buyers and the manufacturers both to eliminate misunderstandings and to nurture long-term relationships.
The Afghan carpet industry is already Afghanistan’s second largest employer after agriculture. Strengthened by the KCEC, the carpet industry can generate new employment opportunities for women, young people, and both returning refugees and internally displaced Afghans who have carpet-making skills, whether they are in urban or rural areas.
The Logistic/Transport Manager will prepare the weekly and monthly procurement reports and plan.
He/She will assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs.
He/She will deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
|Date Posted:||29 Nov 2018||Reference:||LTM001|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Logistics||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare the weekly and monthly procurement reports and plan
• Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs
• Sign contracts with Vendors and prepare the purchase order
• Take Quotation( PR-RFQ)
• Prepare the Goods Received notes(GRN)
• Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
• Manage an accurate inventory of warehouse materials
• Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
• Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers
• Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency
• Check vehicles Log books daily
• Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
• Dispatch all Drivers to pick up and drop Staffs
• Establish quality transportation services
• Develop partnerships with outside carriers in shipping or Cargos for the shipment of carpets to outside countries
• Purchasing goods for office and kitchen
• Update the Logistics filling and keep them properly
• Implement the public procurement policy and procedure
• keep records of used and damage of stock equipment
• Supervise the Cleaners, Gardener, Technician , Cook and Drivers
• Resolve problems concerning the logistics and transportation
• Any other duty as requested by his/her line supervisor or designee
• Ability to perform essential job functions listed above
• Strong Numerical and Analytical Skills
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful and professional manner
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
• 5+ years’ field logistics & transportation experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Some degree of IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people
• Negotiation and analytical skills
• Positive attitude to continued learning
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest, and why you are a good fit for the position to KCEC HR. Please mention the title of the position you are applying for (Logistic/Transport Manager) in the subject line of your e-mail. We encourage you to apply very soon as we review resumes and conduct interviews on a daily basis. Kabul Carpet Export Center is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age and nationality.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!