Budget Advisor(656 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
BUDGET ADVISOR, OCB
Nationality: Local National (LN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance: INL- Vetting
Salary: NTA Salary Scale - Grade C
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Budget Advisor position for Organizational Capacity Building (OCB) section under the supervision of OCB Section Lead.
|Date Posted:||01 Dec 2018||Reference:||VA 18-057|
|Closing Date:||11 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the ministry in streamlining the budget process
• Assist and improve the ministry in improving budget execution rate and budget costing
• Develop training materials on budgeting
• Build capacity in the ministry on budgeting and provide day-to-day mentoring on budgeting activities
• Provide regular reporting on work activities
• Maintain current knowledge of Public Expenditure Law, budget law, budget policy, chart of accounts, budget execution, program budget and other significant documents related to budget
• Liaise with the Ministry of Finance and EGGI and other agencies as needed
• Conduct training and mentoring in the ministry and in the provinces
• Translate written and spoken English and Dari as requested
• Perform any other duties as assigned by a supervisor
• Experience with budget filing systems, records management, and integrated financial systems
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with government officials at all levels
• Understanding of Afghan Public Expenditure Law, budget law, and budget policy preferred
• Preferred experience in developing and implementing budget training
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
• Fluent in Dari and English
• Minimum five years of professional experience, preferably working in budgeting and finance
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business or related field with proven experience managing multi-million dollar budgets.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than December 11, 2018. The subject line MUST be (Budget Advisor - VA 18-057), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Institutional Reform Advisor to MoMP M.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|Police Reform and Capacity Building Advis.. at MOIA||Kabul||24 Sep 2019|