Engineer - Fiber Planning (Re posting)(579 Views)
About MTN Afghanistan
MTN Afghanistan is the subsidiary company of MTN Group operating in 24 countries with a subscriber base of over 200 Millions. MTN provides GSM services in Afghanistan. We are looking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position(s).
The fiber engineer will perform all aspects of network design for the MBPN, CORE and Transmission Nodes on our running fiber projects. This work will include network design of dark fiber system, splicing, rerouting of proposed fiber based on field walkouts, and being the subject matter expert for all other employees.
|Date Posted:||02 Dec 2018||Reference:||MTNA HR 2018 - 13|
|Closing Date:||11 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Telecom/Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Fiber optic splicing and blowing
• Working with pole mounted breakouts
• Installation of fiber to the sites
• Previous experience of blowing and splicing Fiber Optic cabling
• Able to work in all MTN sites in Afghanistan
• supervise performance and design aspects of the distributed IP planning over Fiber routes
• Developing and maintaining Fiber Network; performance and design
• Establish good working relationships across partnering organization
• Develop; implement and maintain engineering standards and processes for Fiber Running projects;
• triage and performance monitoring / maintenance for the fiber network
• Provide the circuits routing for the inter-MSC, Direct connect and interconnect through Fiber network connectivity.
• Ensure Fiber Network capacity planning and dimensioning
• Provide the circuits routing for internet Protocol (IP) network over Fiber network
• Design and plan network topology/structure/architecture with a view to optimize resources
• Develop and maintain a structured growth plan for future traffic planning
• Develop and plan effective network protection methods
• Plan the resources needed for protection at each logical channel
• Ensure current synchronization plan and method are effective for fiber and MW network
• Ensure Network management
• Develop and plan the data communication network
• Perform quality checks at base station to ensure full capacity over fiber network
• Ensure involvement in cross-functional projects out of core job purpose
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to interface with Manufacturing personnel and coordinate development work in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products.
• Creative, analytical technical problem-solver.
• Able to manage several projects simultaneously, and balance day to day activities with project activity.
• Able to work independently and productively with little supervision.
• Able to work in cross-functional teams.
• Professional and assertive communication skills.
• Routinely display initiative in achieving goals and objectives.
• Working knowledge of domestic fiber optic cable standards preferred.
Skills / physical competencies:
• Change Management
• Communication, verbal and written
• Data analysis
• Decision making
• Financial acumen
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Leadership & people management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Network (GSM) operational management skills / expertise
• Numeric skills
• Organizational skills
• Technical skills in wireless technologies
• Attention to detail
• Conceptual thinking
• Continuous improvement philosophy
• Customer focus
• Decision making
• Planning and organizing
• Problem solving skills
• Quality assurance
• Solution providing
• Strategic thinking
• Taking initiative
• Team building
• Technical orientation
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science or ICTI in fiber field.
• 3 or more years’ experience with fiber optic cable product development preferred.
• Experience with sound safety and quality principles preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Telecom/Engineering
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Dec 11, 2018.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
|More jobs in this category|
|Manager Business Development & Sales at io Global Services Private Limite..||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Mobile Device Specialist "Female" at Afghan Wireless Communication Compan..||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|