Operation Manager(464 Views)
About Center for Civilians in Conflict
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Travel: Up to 35% required (must be comfortable traveling to/from Kabul)
Reporting to: Country Director, Afghanistan
Staff Reporting: N/A
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
The operations manager is responsible for the daily management of CIVICs Afghanistan-based project field office and includes: finances, facilities, human resources and benefits, risk mitigation, recordkeeping and contracting. This position requires independence, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to anticipate needs and respond to staff inquiries on a broad range of subjects.
Job Purpose: Provide office, human resource and financial management of CIVICs Country project office.
|Date Posted:||02 Dec 2018||Reference:||006|
|Closing Date:||08 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage physical office and liaise with building management;
• Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement;
• Control correspondence including fax and mail dissemination;
• Serve as overall first point of contact for staff with technical issues;
• Trouble shoot technical glitches including internet, phones, printers, network etc.;
• Manage supplies and approve staff requests for furniture, equipment, and supplies.
• Prepare, process and record monthly payroll, including local taxes and withholdings;
• Receive, approve, and, when necessary, investigate invoices and process accounts payable;
• Coordinate and process all staff reimbursements;
• Communicate (both in verbal and written form) with Headquarters, vendors and banking contacts;
• Keep track of CIVIC assets (technology equipment etc);
• Prepare appropriate financial schedules and reports as requested by Headquarters;
• Reconcile monthly bank statements;
• Prepare and submit any necessary Afghanistan-specific tax forms and payments;
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by Headquarters.
• Manage new hire employment certification, benefit sign up and other paperwork for staff and local consultants;
• Serve as in-house benefits administrator including processing monthly benefits and serving as point person for all staff inquiries;
• Proactively monitor staff needs with regard to insurance, withholding adjustments, travel advances, etc. (as necessary);
• Prepare contracts and additional paperwork for consultants;
• Liaise directly with Washington, DC Headquarters to ensure close communication and consistency of processes;
• Monitor consultancies to ensure prompt payment of fees.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Knowledge of working with international NGOs (INGO).
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally, and in writing in English.
• Must be able to keep CIVIC matters strictly confidential.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
• Prior experience in Business Management preferred.
MBA in business administration
Minimum of 10 years office management and bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, human resources, facilities management, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Deadline: December 15 December 2018
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early. Please send your resume to the following email address:
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Specialist at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Business Development Trainer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|SME Operation Officer/BDSP at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Re - ( معاونیت مالی واداری .. at DABS||Helmand||14 Dec 2019|
|Senior Business Development Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Nangarhar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Herat||17 Dec 2018|
|Afghan Professional Manager at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|Business Development & Marketing Manager at Safi Engineering Services||Kabul||29 Dec 2018|