Finance Officer(1422 Views)
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces.
Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques.
Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The finance officer will work under direct supervision of Finance Manager. He/she is responsible for maintaining financial and accounting activities of Finance Directorate.
|Date Posted:||03 Dec 2018||Reference:||006/MAIL/SNaPP-2|
|Closing Date:||16 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Timely processing of all financial forms (PO, CF, M12, M41 & M16) as per the rules and regulations of the government and timely submission to MoF with complete set of supporting documents.
• Visit MoF on regular basis to follow the financial documents of MAIL and resolve issues of minor nature in documents with MoF.
• Keep records of all the financial transactions, contracts, commitments and update them on regular basis.
• Prepare and manage payroll for local and international national staff. And make sure staff income tax is properly calculated, deducted from their salaries and paid to the Ministry of Finance.
• Review time sheets, contracts, extensions, termination letters, increments and decrements of employees and prepare payroll(s) as per the standard rules and regulations of GoIRA
• Visit MoF, DAB and other local banks on regular basis to follow up the salaries of employees in order to ensure timely transfer of salaries to the designated accounts
• Ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely, send email notifications to employees about their transferred salaries
• Keep electronic and hardcopy records of all the salary transactions, contracts, commitments and update them on regular basis.
• Assist the Finance Manager in conducting financial analysis.
• Assist the Finance Manager in preparing regular and on demand reports to the leadership of MAIL and external stakeholders.
• Maintain the filing system of the Finance Directorate and update it on regular basis
• Review bills/invoices and double check the supporting documents and prepare payments accordingly.
• Prepare financial documents for discretionary funded projects and checks and control the documents of nondiscretionary funded projects.
• Prepare the daily expenses detail of the projects and provide report to the head of the reporting unit.
• Prepare Monthly or Quarterly report on the specific format for Manager and Director.
• Responsible for payroll management and record-keeping for employees, contract personnel and subcontractors.
• Monitor all cash flow movements and cash flow forecast on monthly basis.
• Work closely with the civil servants to build their capacity in the standard accounting and financial management.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements.
• Assist the program Finance Manager in preparing closing accounts report (Qatia)
• Any other duty assigned by the Finance Manager
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to operate Ms Office package effectively especially Ms Excel and Ms. Access
• Flexibility to work extra hours in order to meet the deadlines.
• Good knowledge of Afghanistan’s Public Finance, Budget and Procurement Laws and Regulations
• Bachelor degree in Finance, accounting or relevant field.
• At least 4 years of experience. Experience with the government institutions is preferred
• Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English Languages
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter
• Subject line must be: (Finance Officer 006/MAIL/SNaPP-2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Financial Reform Specialist at Ministry of Industry & Commerce||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Finance Associate at United Nations World Food Programme||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||19 Apr 2019|
|کارمند عواید آبرسانی زون.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Balkh||27 Feb 2019|
|Finance Officer to PPG Project at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||03 Mar 2019|
|Acquisition & Assistance (A&A) Assistant-FSN-.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Finance Assistant (LICA) Level 4 at World Health Organization||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|آمر عواید at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporat..||Kabul||03 Mar 2019|
|Admin/Finance Officer at Afghanistan Banks Association||Kabul||10 Mar 2019|
|Finance Officer - مسول مالی at Emaad Private High School||Kabul||05 Mar 2019|
|National Financial Analyst at Food and Agriculture Organization of the Un..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Book Keeper/Accountant at Silkroad Mining||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Finance Officer at Aziz Group||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Finance Officer at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Senior Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 May 2019|