About National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizens participation, openness and accountability in government.
The Staffer will be hired as Cook and will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Staffer will report to the NDI Security & Operation Officer under the direct supervision of the Security & Operation Senior Manager.
|Date Posted:||03 Dec 2018||Reference:||NDI/KBL/021/18|
|Closing Date:||12 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare lunch for all NDI staff daily;
• Prepare lunch and refreshment for program events;
• Clean and keep cleaned the kitchen, kitchen equipment, and appliances;
• Purchase food stuff for all NDI staff Lunch, food staff for program events;
• Assist to maintain accurate records of all meal expenses and other relevant receipts;
• Supervise and monitor Cook assistant and kitchen hygiene;
• Prepare all meals in compliance with NDI lunch budget and payment authorizations;
• Preparing of food menus;
• Stores food properly and safely;
• Perform any other task assigned;
• Secondary school degree with two years of relevant experience preferred.
• Certification in hygiene standards is an advantage.
• Experience in cooking national and international meals.
• Having skill of creating menu planning.
• Excellent hygiene.
• Basic English, to communicate with international staff.
• Ability to read and write English is an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI), Kabul - Afghanistan
Interested applicants should send a one page cover letter and CV to the given email -- no later than 04:00 PM, December 12, 2018.
National Democratic Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Subject line must be "Cook - NDI/KBL/021/18" or your application might not be considered.
Please send your cover letter and CV in one MS. Word or PDF format.
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview/written test.
|More jobs in this category|
|Content Developer & Translator at NETLINKS||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Cleaner at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||14 Dec 2018|
|Cook Assistant / Cleaner at National Democratic Institute for Internation..||Kabul||12 Dec 2018|
|Operations Director at GTR Group||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|