Research Engineer - IT(332 Views)
About Afghanistan Railway Authority
Afghanistan Railway Authority (ARA) is a newly established organization which is responsible to develop, design and maintain railway network in Afghanistan. This network will assist the country to transform to a regional transportation hub assisting the country in achieving its goals towards sustainable economic growth.
Railway Technology Unit
Afghan Railway Authority is planning to establish a Railway Technology Unit. This Unit will comprise of technical staff from Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, IT, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering fields. This Unit will assist in enhancing and improving the railway operations by providing new technology which can make the operations smarter, efficient and convenient. This Unit will lay the foundation for Systematic approach to manage railway operations as well as provide smart systems which can help detect any flaw in the system to avoid the risks associated with it.
The ARA is looking for Research Engineers from IT/ Computer Engineering field. Under the supervision of ARA, the Research Engineers will be responsible for assisting in the development of Railway Technology Unit ANCL. The Research Engineers will be also responsible to collect data, perform research and assist in development of new technologies which can help make the railway operations more convenient and efficient.
|Date Posted:||03 Dec 2018||Reference:||ARA/KBL/002|
|Closing Date:||13 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Laboratory||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Data collection
• Preparing Technical Reports
• Conducting research on various railway related technologies
• Attending required technical meetings
• Technical support to Railway Operations
• Conducting Trainings for technicians and Junior Engineers
• Design and developing Systems technology for O&M of railway operations
• Prepare timely and quality project progress and implementation reports for submission to ARA
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal is essential. Fluent in Pashto and Dari
• Good working knowledge of Ms Office applications
• Strong background of Engineering Softwares
• Knowledge of Basic railway design and operations
• Highly motivated individual, who demonstrates self-initiative and is able to work under pressure.
• Is able to accept responsibility and manage and mentor a team.
• Experience within the region is highly desirable.
• Motivation/Self Reliance
• Team Work Ability
• Knowledge about IT/ Computer and electrical tools for automated systems is preferred
• Working knowledge
• Minimum BE (IT/ Computer Engineering) from an accredited university/educational institute.
• At least 2 years of Experience (Experience in relevant field is prioritized)
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
interested candidates, who matches the above criteria may send their CV electronically to the below mentioned email.
Please mention the Job Title at the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Lab Technician at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Research Engineer - Mechanical at Afghanistan Railway Authority||Kabul||13 Dec 2018|
|Research Engineer – Electrical at Afghanistan Railway Authority||Kabul||13 Dec 2018|
|Research Engineers - Civil at Afghanistan Railway Authority||Kabul||13 Dec 2018|