Trainee Cardiac Perfusionist(313 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 16 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit, six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Centre of excellence
Under direct supervision assists cardiac perfusionist in short-term cardiopulmonary support during open heart procedures, long-term support via ECMO or centrifugal ventricular pumps on cardiac or pulmonary comprised patients, Cardioplegia administration, hemo concentration, hemodia filtration, and modified ultrafiltration on pediatric and adult patients.
|Date Posted:||04 Dec 2018||Reference:||FMIC/HR/177|
|Closing Date:||11 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Nursing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be able to:
• Assist cardiac perfusionists in the routine activities within the department.
• Check all the relevant equipment & instrument for appropriate functioning
• Assist in the initiation of extra corporate circulation in adult, ped. and infant for independent operation of the heart lung machine.
• Monitor vital parameters
• Perform procedure of blood preparation under supervision and analyze blood gasses and chemistry
• Complete all relevant documentation
• Communicate plan with anesthetist for priming and usage of blood as guided
• Provide ongoing feedback to the surgeon in a clear concise manner as guided
• Follow & reinforce the unit policies & procedures
• Keep the following devices ready for emergency situation:
- Left ventricular device with accessories
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump with accessories
- Blood salvage system
- Activated clotting timer (ACT)
• Keep the alternative support system ready under sterilized condition in case of failure of the regular system
• Follows the guideline for the storage, preparation and dilution, and administration of concentrated electrolytes as per policy and administers medication safely as credentialed, monitors patient responses to medication where indicated and reports related incidents promptly.
• Performs routine unit specific procedures independently or with minimal supervision.
• Coordinate with the surgical team, anesthesia, CSSD, and other staff whenever needed.
• Participates in cleaning and disinfection of medical surgical item and OR as per the policy
• Performs hands off (bedside over) using SBAR and carries out special assignment.
• Updates own skills by attending certification and recertification courses as per credentialing requirement.
• In case of no cardiac surgery utilize his time in activities as assigned by the supervisor
• Must be regular and punctual on work with > 96% attendance.
• Keeps oneself well-groomed and maintains the uniform code at all times.
• Participates in professional activities
• Demonstrates leadership qualities to become a team leader.
• Accepts the management decision to work in any of the areas when transferred or assigned as per institution’s need.
• Accepts hospitals’ policy in complying with the area specific uniform.
• Able to discharge duties on public holidays and off days; and perform long duty hours and shift duties including night shift as per need.
• Be accessible through phone during off-days and leave-days; and discharge duty in case of emergency when called.
• Performs any other related task as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required)
• Possesses knowledge and competency as per Competency Based Orientation.
• Good understanding of human anatomy and physiology and OR terminology
• Demonstrate understanding of principals of asepsis
• Can describe safety procedures as they relate to use of electro-surgical and medical equipment
• Possesses good interpersonal, communication and team building skills.
• Makes responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment to the institution and customers and clear accountability.
• Graduate of an accredited health professional program diploma/degree preferably nursing
• Current registration from MoPH/MoHE
• Training as perfusionist from a recognized Cardiovascular institution is preferred
• Certification in:
o Basic Life Support
o Advance Cardiac Life Support
o Safe Medication Administration
o Intravenous Cannulation
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|Nurse HIV / Helmand at Ministry of Public Health||Helmand||17 Feb 2019|