Chief COMPLIANCE OFFICER(833 Views)
About Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.)
Arya pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.) founded and duly registered with Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB)
Under license No. 002 to offer MSP and FXD operations as per DAB regulations. Arya pool
MSP-FXD (Ltd.) offers wide range of quality financial services and plans to become the first
Financial institution of Afghanistan to carry currency exchange and remittance services. It is Dedicated to focus on serving the comprehensive financial needs of individuals and
Businesses with high quality and value pricing. The company with a qualified team tries to
Position itself as the market leader of financial services (MSP-FXD) in Afghanistan. The
Company believes in quality, services and value. These three elements are our watchwords
Boasting exceptional customer services.
Chief compliance officer is the head of Compliance department for Arya Pool. He/she is responsible to providing legal opinions, monitor the progress of ongoing Arya Pool lawsuits (if any), draft agreements and pursue legal cases to support the effective management of legal requirements. The role comprises of legal advising and compliance activities. From one side the legal advisor will be the authority to provide legal services to Arya Pool, from other side the position is responsible for all the compliance with afghan and foreign governmental agencies. This is to make sure everything Arya Pool does is according to rules, regulations and laws of respective countries. As a Chief compliance officer he/she oversees the corporate compliance program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. He/she ensures the board of directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s standards of conduct.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other latest technologies deemed appropriate.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
|Date Posted:||11 Dec 2018||Reference:||AP021218|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIALS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Initiate out of court settlements wherever appropriate and interact in negotiation process.
2. Analyze all potential lawsuits (if any), recommend and decide on the best course of action to be taken by Arya Pool to obtain maximum commercial advantage.
3. Represent an initial written statement of defense to external lawyer supporting Arya Pool’s view for the successful pursuit of court cases.
4. Manage the outsourcing of legal work; discuss and negotiate contracts’ terms, select and appoint the appropriate lawyer.
5. Follow up court cases’ progress to expedite litigation processes.
6. Periodically review the status of court cases to decide the worth of pursuing those cases. Present executive summary of the court findings.
7. Efficient follow-up of cases at execution to ensure timely completion.
8. Provide strategy for critical cases of default or dispute to achieve maximum equitable return for Arya Pool.
9. Provide legal advice, opinion, review documents (i.e. correlated to Aryapool products and services including guarantees, credit facilities, IT contracts etc).
10. Manage and organize the activities of junior/ trainee legal advisors (if any) in the department and help to enhance work performance.
11. Conduct legal researches and studies.
12. Any other Legal issues as advised by the managing director of Arya Pool.
13. Develops initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the program.
14. Develops and periodically reviews and updates standards of conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
15. Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
16. Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
17. Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
18. Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
19. Any other compliance issues as advised by the managing director of Arya Pool.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. The position also requires travel to provinces and outside countries.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
. Good command of English Pashto and Dari language.
2. Communicating effectively
3. Report writing skills
4. Negotiation skills
5. Time Management.
6. Analytically thinking skills
7. Rational decision making skills
8. Effective management skills
9. Team building and leadership skills
10. Planning and organizing skills.
11. Taking initiatives Effective leadership skills with demonstrable sharing of best practices.
12. Sincere integrity and ethics which builds trustworthy relationships internally and externally with an unspoken commitment to follow-up and follow through
13. Proven communications skills for writing, speaking and presentation.
14. Conveys a professional, polished image and the highest of professional ethics while maintaining a strong company attitude
15. Key traits and characteristics include high energy, empathic, transparent, consultative, thick skinned, hungry to succeed, strong commercial skills, strong domain knowledge and a strong personal contact network
• Demonstrates strong knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and MS. Project, MS-Outlook
• Good knowledge of internet
. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) from a recognized and well regarded university with 4-6 years of experience. An extra diploma or degree in business law will be a strong advantage.
2. PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Master Degree in Legislative Law (LLM) from a recognized and well regarded university with 8-10 years of experience. An extra diploma or degree in business law will be a strong advantage.
• 8 -10 years of legal experience preferably in banking industry or other financial institution in Afghanistan.
• 4-6 years of legal experience preferably in banking industry or other financial institutions in Afghanistan.
• Good knowledge of court proceeding and litigation processes is essential
• Good knowledge of all relevant laws/legal provisions relation to the financial intuitions business.
• Understanding of financial institutions concepts and procedures
• Good knowledge of Afghan and international civil and business laws
• Good knowledge of international organizations such as WTO etc.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to Chief Human Resource Officer. Please include the name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject at submission email provided below. No other documents are need be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|مشاورحقوقی at Ministry of Defense||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|Clinical Legal Education STTAs at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||25 Jan 2019|
|Program Manager at Friends of the Public Private Partnership for Justice ..||Kabul||04 Feb 2019|
|Sr. Legal Specialist (Tax and Custom Lawyer) at Ministry of Mines and Pet..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Legal Specialist (Corporate Lawyer) at Ministry of Mines and Petroleu..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Legal Specialist (Land Acquisition Lawyer.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|