EFL Instructor (Part-time)(1110 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
AUAF Background: The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
PDI Background: The Professional Development Institute (PDI) offers a broad range of training and education courses to individuals, private business, governmental and non-profit agencies, and NGOs. The PDI draws on the expertise of the world-class faculty at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) to provide courses custom tailored to meet the client’s specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrolment basis. This expertise includes English language, business administration, training and management, and information technology.
The EFL Instructor (Part-Time) is responsible for the successful delivery of ELC programs (General English, ESP, EAP, TOEFL, and IELTS) in Kabul– Professional Development Institute of the American University of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||23 Dec 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The EFL Instructor will teach courses offered by the English Language Center (ELC) Unit of the PDI.
• The courses include A1-B2 level general English classes along with EAP/ESP/TOEFL/IELTS programs as required.
• The EFL Instructor will also be expected to contribute to curriculum development, assessment procedures, capacity and professional development activities, marketing exercises, and quality assurance practices.
• Keep accurate records of student attendance and submits them as scheduled;
• Use online resources, multimedia, and other materials to supplement the presentations;
• The Instructor will attend PDI meetings when needed
• Any other duties assigned by ELC Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Masters in Applied Linguistics, Education, English, TESOL/TEFL/TESL or a closely related subject is preferred. Candidates with a BA/BSc. in a relevant subject with a CELTA, DELTA or Trinity Cert. are welcome. Extensive experience may be considered in lieu
• Minimum of three years teaching experience preferably at tertiary level and including B1+ general English courses in addition to EAP/ESP courses such as iBT TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT and GRE.
• If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF)
• A valid TOEFL iBT score is preferable
• Must be able to begin duties within one month of receiving an official offer.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Education
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “EFL Instructor (Part-time)” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before January 20, 2019. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Subject Specialist (Islamiat Jafari, Pashto 2.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Teacher at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|مدیر مکتب at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|Oxford English Teacher at Afghanistan International School||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|استاد اقتصاد، حقوق وعلوم.. at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|معلم Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|GEOGRAPHY TEACHER at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|