Microwave Engineer(550 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
The ICT department is responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining a reliable and secure ICT infrastructure within MoE central and provincial offices. Moreover, ICT department provide support in the implementation of NESPII and EQRA. In order to do so, there is a strong need of a technically skillful team including Microwave Engineer, who will be managing the existing Microwave P2P links all over in Kabul MoE Offices. He will be responsible for Kabul District connectivity.
|Date Posted:||01 Jan 2019||Reference:||MoE/IT/EQRA/17|
|Closing Date:||14 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Microwave Engineer will be mainly focusing on Microwave connectivity with all MOE Offices. He/she will also be maintaining the existing MOE microwave network with Kabul directorates.
He/she will also provide radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission design, specifically microwave point-to-point and point-to-multipoint solutions.
1. Duties and Responsibility
• Platforms Installation of NERA , infinet and alcatel wireless products
• Support and maintenance services to MoE Microwave links and base stations
• Providing support and troubleshooting services in remote offices
• Perform physical path survey and utilize various balloon tests and flash
• Monitor and perform review of all Quality control sites and perform further analysis if required
• Plan, design, configure and troubleshoots NERA and Infinet microwave equipment’s
• Test antenna and Microwave systems for the purpose of fault finding and rectification
• Ensure continuous operation and monitoring of Mircrowave links to ensure all sites are up and running.
• Analyze and correct antenna and other system problems by making adjustments and corrections
• On-site support for installation, troubleshoot and commissioning of connectivity products
• Ensure that network infrastructure is secure and available all the time
• Create and maintain documentation for design, planning, requirements, specifications, test and results of the remote sites
• Assist MoE team members to develop their skills and knowledge in wireless products, especially NERA and Infinity products
• All connectivity equipment’s of MoE like NERA, infinet and alcatel are configured and up 24/7
• All connectivity equipment’s are secure from cyber-attack and they didn’t have any interference with each other’s
• MoE ICT civil servant staff capacity are improved in configurations and maintenances of the NERA, infinet and alcatel equipment’s.
• Microwave engineer will be reporting to the Wireless Setup Specialist (Network Manager).
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a) The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree holder in Information Technology, Computer Science or any related field.
a) At least have 5 years of experience in the field.
b) Experience in configuring and maintaining NERA and Infinet Microwave products
c) Knowledge of operating principles of microwave systems. Ability to apply this knowledge to the extent of modifying standard types of equipment.
3) Skills and Competencies
a. Strong technical and organizational skills
b. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and with written documentation
c. Ability of NERA and infinity outdoor and indoor units and ability to install microwave equipment’s on poles, towers and rooftops
d. Ability to implement complex voice solutions, and resolve conflicts in a multi-tasked environment
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Microwave Engineer work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Hardware
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 14th Jan 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|امرکنترول کیفیت خدمات مو.. at ATRA||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|