Senior Network Admnistrator(752 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
The ICT department is responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining a reliable and secure ICT infrastructure within MoE central and provincial offices. Moreover, ICT department provide support in the implementation of NESPII and EQRA. In order to do so, there is a strong need of a technically skillful team including Sr. Network Administrator who will provide the support for the existing MOE ICT Storage Network, Tape Drive and servers which is installed in DC
He/she will responsible for the proper backup scheduling, Restore, and monitoring
|Date Posted:||01 Jan 2019||Reference:||MoE/IT/EQRA/18|
|Closing Date:||14 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Senior Network Administrator position in EQRA who will be mainly focusing on Maintain the existing MOE ICT oracle storage system, which is installed in MOE HQ and other provinces.
Managing data backups and the overall execution of retention policies using Oracle Secure backup
1. Duties and Responsibility
• Responsible for planning, designing and maintaining the Oracle storage system
• Manage Storage Network of MoE
• Manage communications and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, MoE
• Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data
• Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices
• Assist in managing cisco routers and switches at MoE Main Branch and Provincial Education Directorates (PEDs)
• Bring new techniques on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software
• Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation;
• Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers;
• Implementation and Configuration of Cisco Gateways and Gatekeepers
• Assist in managing the implementation of voice services and voice network for MoE employees Solid understanding of voice transmission mechanisms including TCP/IP, E1/T1
• Configure and install Microsoft Servers 2012 and implements LAN and WAN policies, procedures and standards, ensuring conformance with information systems and objectives
• Apply network management and domain control policies in MoE network
• Administer MoE network and create user management and network roles
• Analyze future needs for acquisition
• Any other Related tasks assigned by ICT Director.
• Created, managed and implemented the network user management
• Managed MoE network
• Implemented storage disaster recovery to backup the EMIS, BEPT Database in secondary location
• MoE ICT civil servant staff capacity are improved in network administration.
• Sr. Network Administrator will be reporting to the Wireless Setup Specialist (Network Manager).
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a) Must have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, information systems or related field
b) Must have proven experience in network administration
c) Excellent knowledge of MCSE, MCITP and good knowledge of CCNA, CCNP
a) Must have 5 years working experience with Microsoft platforms, Cisco and support in any Enterprise network
b) Requires 3+ years of experience in Configuration Cisco Unified Communication Manager 8.X ,10.Xand Cisco Unity express
c) Having real world experience of CUCM cluster mode implementation and support
d) Working experience of Managing Oracle storage and servers is an advantage
4. Skills and Competencies
a. Complex ICT network administration and skills
b. Ability to create and implement domain policy
c. The ability to utilize resources to complete tasks preceded by a defined goal or objective on budget and on time
d. Ability to train technical staff of MoE
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Senior Network Administrator work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Hardware
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 14th Jan 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|امرکنترول کیفیت خدمات مو.. at ATRA||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|