Senior Research Officer(1156 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
The General Directorate of Teacher Education is responsible and committed tobuild a national cadre of qualified and competent teachers who will be knowledgeable in content and in pedagogy. TED is hiring Senior to support Subject Knowledge Training of Teachers of Selected Grades and Developing Standardized Examination for TTCs and Support a Pilot Program including its Evaluation to Strengthen: (i) Coaching and Training of Teachers; and (ii) Classroom Observations. He/She will support Sr. Managers to plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research on teachers, teacher training activities to enhance quality reform, impact and efficiency in teacher training activities.
|Date Posted:||01 Jan 2019||Reference:||MoE/TED/EQRA/25|
|Closing Date:||14 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sr. Research Officer is responsible to Coordinate with MoE offices in the province and districts on training of teachers and with third party to conduct competency assessment of teachers and lead the data collection activities on teacher trainings, reassignment of teachers, mentoring and coaching, assessments and surveys that related to teaching and learning. Assist in the designing of qualitative and quantitative research tool for overall teacher education activities, particularly in-service subject based training teacher training of teachers and master trainers, and will be responsible for the following:
• Assist the Sr. Manager in developing strategy and a work plan for Research and standardization section of TED
• Support Sr. Manager in development of research tools and research strategy to find teachers need for second subject diploma trainings
• Support in design, and implementation of research and evaluation projects to find out feasibility of reassignment of teachers within schools and potential in nearby schools
• Leading field activities to find out impacts of reassignment of teachers on learning process and students performance
• Assist in tracking the average improvement in scores on the TEACH observation tool and performance
• Assist and support in assessment of students’ performance in schools where pilot coaching and mentoring conducted.
• Provide support in the designing, implementation and analyses of research and evaluation projects within TED
• Providing on time research data to Sr.Managers and assist in drafting of research report and dissemination of results
• Conduct field research activities
• To support other sections of the departments with their research needs such as the Curriculum and Standards, TTC Development, Teacher Training Institute as well as other units and section of TED.
• To coordinate with other research activities within the Ministry of Education as well as other relevant organizations
• Support capacity development training and coaching for TTC and TDC lecturers
Undertake other duty as requested by the TED Director General.
• Support development of research tools and research strategy provided.
• Support in design, and implementation of research and evaluation projects provided.
• Capacity development training and coaching for TTC and TDC lecturers conducted.
• Field research Conducted.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. At least bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Science or other related fields, master degree holder’s will be given preference.
a. At least 5years of experience in research, monitoring& evaluation and data management,
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages
c. Proposal and report writing skills
d. Set priorities and manage time effectively
e. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
a. Core competencies
i. Effective organizational and administrative skills.
ii. Good knowledge of Afghan Education system.
iii. Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
iv. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan.
a. The recruitment will be done through a transparent and competitive processes.
6) Work conditions
a. The Senior Research Officer will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
b. MoE will provide a proper work station at central TED building.
c. The Senior Research Officer will Report to the Teacher Education Director.
a. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
b. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
c. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Research/Survey
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 14th Jan 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!