Senior Academic Supervision/Learning Assessment Officer(1373 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The aim of the EQRA Program is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of MoE’s National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (a) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The program focuses on construction and expansion of schools, provision of community-based education to out of school children, curriculum reform for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teachers & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process of civil servants.
The Directorate for Academic Supervision and Learning Assessment is responsible for smooth implementation of Academic Supervision activities under the EQRA Project and need technically skillful person as Senior Academic Supervision/Learning Assessment Officer who will support the strengthening of coaching scheme, school observation, improving teaching quality and implementation of NAFA (National Assessment Framework for Afghanistan) , Learning Assessment system and other relevant components e.g. Sample based, cohort based, summative and formative assessments, standardized item development and developing relevant instruction tools and guidelines, etc.
|Date Posted:||01 Jan 2019||Reference:||MoE/AC/EQRA/26|
|Closing Date:||14 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. He/She must prepare annual and operational plans for EQRA related components.
2. The Senior Academic Supervision/Learning Assessment Officer for ASLAGD (EQRA) will be managing and leading the 41 NTA (two officers and 39 provincial officers) hired through EQRA.
3. He/She is responsible for coordination, communication, reporting and follow up of EQRA activities at central level with GDASLA and provincial level with PED/DED including other departments linked with DLI.
4. Determine officers, provincial officers and AS staff training needs and build their capacity to appropriately meet related DLI.
5. Facilitate an opportunity to build staff capacity in coaching, mentoring, class observation method, data collection, data verification and analyzing of the data.
6. Assist DGASLA in institutionalization of Formative and Summative assessment system that affect teaching and learning quality.
7. Conduct regular assessment of EQRA plan on coaching part implementation and identify problems and challenges and find feasible solution.
8. Prepare and present progress report to the DGASLA, World Bank and other relevant departments.
9. Perform any other task given to the TA by his/her supervisor.
1. Planning and Guiding:
1. Prepare annual operational and work plans of the EQRA relevant DLI implementation in close collaboration with GDASLA, TED and EMIS.
2. Approve project officers’ and provincial officers’ work plans and monitor its implementation.
3. Develop calendar for report collection and compilation.
4. Schedule capacity building program for central and provincial officers.
5. Prepare teachers baseline assessment plan in coordination of TED and implementing partners.
6. In coordination with DGASLA and TED, prepare coaching and training programs for selected school Principals and Headmasters.
7. Guide PED and DED to strengthen their basic performance management system.
8. Provide guideline and instruction manuals for academic supervisors on how to involve CDCs in CCAP areas or school Shuras in non-CCAP areas, to monitor some key indicators such as (a) textbook delivery, (b) presence of teachers, (c) construction of classrooms, and (d) use of school grants.
9. Prepare checklist, forms, schedule and instructional tools for CDCs and Shuras to reflect their observation feedback regarding some key indicators in schools.
2. Coordination/ Communication/ Facilitation:
1. Keep close relation and coordination with all line departments and World Bank in order to maintain proper assurance regarding project goals.
2. Keep strong relation and feedback loop with, PEDs, DEDs and DRRDs to identify bottlenecks and find feasible solutions for them.
3. Facilitate other stakeholders, who may conduct the teachers’ baseline assessment and communicate his/her findings with TED general directorate for their action.
4. Represent DGASLA in EQRA relevant meetings and forum when it is required.
3. Reporting and Follow up:
1. Ensure efficient and timely monitoring, coaching and overall implementation of the program as per agreed plan and timelines.
2. Prepare and submit progress report of relevant activities and outcomes based on the provincial officers’ reports.
3. Share report of teacher’s baseline assessment with TED and other relevant departments.
4. Collect data on submission of budget, regular transmission of EMIS data, submission of updated teacher data, tracking of teacher and student absenteeism, and timely delivery of school supplies and all instructional materials to schools.
• Annual operational plan of the EQRA relevant DLI implementation with close collaboration with DGASLA, TED and EMIS prepared.
• (#) of staff capacity built on coaching, mentoring, class observation methods, data collection, data verification and analyzing of data.
• Assessment of EQRA plan on coaching part implementation done and problems and challenges identified with proposed feasible solutions.
• Calendar for report collection and schedule capacity building program for central and provincial officers developed.
• Teachers’ baseline assessment plan prepared in coordination with TED and implementing partners.
• Data on submission of budget, regular transmission of EMIS data and submission of updated teacher data, tracking of teacher and student absenteeism and timely delivery of all school supplies and instructional materials to schools .
• Instruction manuals for academic supervisors on how to involve CDCs in CCAP areas or school Shuras in non-CCAP areas developed
• Checklist, forms, schedule and instructional tools prepared for CDCs and Shuras to reflect their observation feedback regarding some key indicators in school.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. At least a bachelor’s degree in Education or other related fields such as Economics, Administration or Social Sciences
a. At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a related field,
b. Must have record and experience of work with government, International and National organizations
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point and operating android system)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages
c. report writing skills
d. Set priorities and manage time effectively
e. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
f. Effective human resource management skills.
g. Effective Project Management skills.
h. Effective Financial Management & Administration Skills.
i. Effective anizational and administrative skills.
j. Good knowledge of economic development issues.
k. Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
l. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan
a. The recruitment will be done through a transparent and competitive processes.
2) Work conditions
a. The Senior Academic Supervision will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s rules and regulation.
b. MoE will provide a proper work station at central Kabul office.
c. The Senior Academic Supervision Report to the Head of Department.
a. The initial six months will be considered a probationary period.
b. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Director of Finance, and the Deputy Minister of Admin & Finance.
c. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Education
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 14th Jan 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Curriculum Developer at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||05 Feb 2019|
|Subject Specialist (Islamiat Jafari, Pashto 2.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Teacher at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|مدیر مکتب at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|استاد اقتصاد، حقوق وعلوم.. at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|معلم Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|GEOGRAPHY TEACHER at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|