Senior Technical Mining Specialist/PSU/MoMP(432 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulations and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Large Scale Mining Unit (LSMU) recently established as coordination unit in Ministry of Mines and petroleum under direct supervision of Mines Cadastre directorate. Large Scale Mining Unit determines, controls, and maintains the standards and processes related to large scale mining contracts management system, provide technical support for the implementation of large scale mining contracts to Mines and Cadaster Directorate of MoMP.
The overall goal of LSMU is to manage all large scale mining contract activities systematically and efficiently in order to increase research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons as safely and economically as possible.
Carry out Evaluation of technical proposals of interested companies which are submitted to the LSMU, reporting to the Head of Committee about the Evaluation results. He or she will assist the LSMU members with technical consultancy in an overall process of Mineral Contracts awarding.
|Date Posted:||02 Jan 2019||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||15 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Mining||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Liaise with LSMU on lease of mines.
• Technical data analysis of minerals and generate a comprehensive report.
• Create and manage the process for project development and launching the tenders for large scale mining projects.
• Assessment of EoIs, RFPs, PQQs and proposals (from technical point of view) in full compliance with Minerals Law, Regulations of Mineral Processing.
• Actively work to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including government agencies, regional bodies, key industries and business organizations.
• Attend negotiation meetings.
• Provide technical assistance to the negotiation team in order to protect the benefit of GoIRA.
• Providing facilitation in Preparation of Model Mining Contract.
• Preparation of action plans for different mining projects.
• Ensuring the contracts management process to be transparent.
• Any other activities as assigned by supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Adaptability to corporate setting is a must.
• Strong negotiation and client management skills.
• The ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
• The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups.
• The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required.
• The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
• Bachelor degree in Mining Engineering, Master degree in mining engineering is preferred.
• At least 7 years with Bachelor and 5 years of work experience with masters in relevant fields.
• Fluency in English, Dari, Pashto languages and Microsoft Office programs.
• The incumbent should have sound knowledge of the extractive sector.
• The incumbent should have sound knowledge of mining contracts management system.
• The incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills.
• The incumbent should be able to represent MoMP in intra-government and non-government meetings, conference etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 15/Jan/2019 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PPG/ Community Mobilization Expert must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
|More jobs in this category|
|Mining Revenue Collecting Officer at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoM..||Kabul||03 Feb 2019|
|Sr. Mining and Environmental Adviser to the M.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|