M&E Officer(1211 Views)
-Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany's biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
The Monitoring and Evaluation will serve as the main focal person for all monitoring and evaluation related activities of the project. The M&E’s responsibilities are;
1. To coordinate and conduct monitoring and evaluation all the project activities in accordance with the Project Logical Framework.
2. In coordination with the project technical team and MoRR relevant staff to develop monitoring tools on National IDP Policy.
|Date Posted:||03 Jan 2019||Reference:||WHH/AFG/KBL-CRO/252|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 11 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
The incumbent will work as part of the WHH PMU (Project Management Unit) under the supervision and guidance of Regional Manager and the Organization Technical Team for the attainment of project's goal.
• Lead development of project level Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) plan and associated work plans for each component/activity (as reflected in the results framework),
• Develop TOR for coordination mechanisms with MoRR on developing monitoring tools
• Be responsible for sourcing data and information for specific M&E needs directly from other agencies, PMU etc (such as budgets, staff capacity and other internal data) particularly for indicators not requiring a survey.
• Support technical work such as reviewing M&E methods, carrying out training needs, designing M&E tools and advising M&E technical assistance.
• Coordinate and conduct, assessments, surveys, monitoring and evaluations.
• Ensure quality control of M&E outputs (e.g. surveys etc.), including by contributing substantively to the design and field testing of the monitoring methodology, and implementation of the survey, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
• Closely cooperate and coordinate with project technical team and MoRR relevant staff for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, case studies, success stories.
• Closely work with project technical team and MoRR relevant staff in conducting profiling survey in at least two provinces, analyze collected data, and draft report of the findings.
• Review monitoring and evaluation system/mechanism of MoRR, process and procedures of the monitoring and forms and formats on national IDP policy
• In coordination with project the organization technical team and MoRR relevant staff, develop and present monitoring tools on National IDP Policy
• Develop and maintain a M&E database for the project and make sure on the maintenance of a database of project.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of all relevant issues impacting his/her field of Monitoring & Evaluation.
• Ensuring mentoring and training of project team to foster capacity building on M&E knowledge.
• Support monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned by the donor
• Monitor project progress through field visit, offer feedback and keep regular communication with related field and center level staff.
• Attend, participate and provide necessary inputs for preparation of and during project meeting, Workshops and trainings;
• Serve as focal point for providing M &E inputs on Implementation Progress Reports (IPRs); Prepare and submit M&E inputs as per the Logical Framework to the project implementation progress reports meeting
• Accomplish other tasks related for preparing, monitoring, evaluation and MIS as per the need of project assigned by Project Director.
• The M&E Officer should possess excellent technical skills in IDP related researches and program and project performance assessment.
• Able to travel to the 12 project targeted provinces and conduct required visits and survey.
• Strong communication and facilitation skills and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in a sensitive environment. S/he must be able to respond quickly to requests for information
• S/he must demonstrate strong interpersonal and motivational skills and sensitivity to the local environment as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation. S/he must have ability to write clearly and concisely, and have sound qualitative and quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data).
• Experience on planning, monitoring and evaluation of IDP related and/or community-based projects and having good computer knowledge on database software’s like MS Excel, SPSS, GIS will be given priority.
• computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Effective public relations and public speaking skills and research and program development skills
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of LLB, Public Policy and/or Public Administration, BSc(Econ) and any relevant disciplines.
• Minimum 5 years of progressive work experiences with INGO or Afghan NGO managing large development and policy making projects.
• Working experiences in policy development, protection and capacity building with community/IDPs and local authorities.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
• Very good English written and oral communication skills.
• Able to speak in national languages
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.
|More jobs in this category|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at National Skills Development Program ..||Kabul||05 Feb 2019|
|Project Concept Notes, Proposal Writing, M&E .. at The Liaison Office||Multi Cities||21 Jan 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Balkh||28 Jan 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|M&E Expert at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|Data Analyst at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|Provincial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting.. at Ministry of Education ..||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2019|