NIMA Faculty (English)(856 Views)
-The National Institute for Management and Administration (NIMA), an ACBSP-USA accredited institute, offers two-year education program (covering grades 13 and 14) in the fields of Management; Accounting and Information and Communications Technology (ICT). All instruction is provided in English. Currently, it has approximately 850 students (45% of them being female) representing all 34 provinces.
With support from the Afghanistan Second Skills Development Project (ASDPII), which is functioning under TVET Authority, NIMA is seeking to hire a qualified faculty member in the field of Accounting.
Seeking for an English lecturer.
|Date Posted:||05 Jan 2019||Reference:||TVETA/ASDPII/147|
|Closing Date:||19 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Senior Faculty/ Expert with the preparation of curricula for the stream and the syllabus.
• Teach English related subjects (15-18 credit hours per week) according to the approved curriculum and the syllabus for a particular semester.
• Prepare academic teaching plan, in close coordination and collaboration with the Senior Faculty.
• Plan, organize and conduct industrial visits for 4th semester students to assist them with practical knowledge of the modules.
• Provide students with a safe and supportive learning environment; and assist them in extra-curricular activities such as student clubs (e.g. English club and News letter club) and other activities.
• Involve students in research and writing activities to equip them with the essential skills required for further academic and professional career.
• Support the Teacher Development Program; and provide on the job training for Teacher Trainees at NIMA as and when needed
• Participate in-house trainings / workshops conducted during the academic year (through Senior Faculty or others) to further enhance technical knowledge and expertise.
• Provide technical support to NIMA in academic affairs pertaining to development and sustainability of NIMA.
• Signing and adherence to NIMA code of conduct
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Leadership - with a coaching and mentoring approach
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers data and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Responds calmly to stressful situations/incidents.
• Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; writes clearly and informatively.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
1. The candidate must have MA in English Literature, MA TESOL, or any other Master’s degree in English.
2. Minimum of consecutive 3 years relevant working experience mostly in teaching and lecturing at university/Institute level.
3. Fluency in English is a must, Dari and Pashto is desirable.
4. Excellent reporting, interpersonal and team working skills;
5. Computer skills - MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel necessary,
6. Ability to work independently
7. Able to prioritize and work under pressure.
Note: The faculties are full time employees and will not be allowed to work in other institutes during his/her contract/assignment period with ASDP/NIMA.
The duty hours will be from 08:30 am to 04:30 hrs (total working hours will be 48 per week).
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested Afghan candidates are requested to send their CV’s via e-mail,
- (Please make sure you put the title of the position and the reference number of the position at the title of Email, otherwise your application will not be considered.)
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Subject Specialist (Islamiat Jafari, Pashto 2.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Teacher at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|مدیر مکتب at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|Oxford English Teacher at Afghanistan International School||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|EFL Instructor (Part-time) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|استاد اقتصاد، حقوق وعلوم.. at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|معلم Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|GEOGRAPHY TEACHER at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|