Exhibition Management Specialist(656 Views)
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities.
The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
The Exhibition/ Event Management Specialist is responsible for all facets of planning, organizing and following through on all meeting, convention or event messaging and logistical details. The event planner oversees everything from high level theme and messaging communication to the practical logistics of ordering all the services and products involved.He is also responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion. Events can include:
• exhibitions and fairs;
• promotions and product launches;
• fundraising and social events
|Date Posted:||05 Jan 2019||Reference:||mail-ta-54|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Exhibition Management Adviser undertakes the following specific duties and responsibilities:
1. Define with other key participants the theme or purpose of the event. Including security communication.
2. Deliver the event on time and within budget.
3. Select venue, support and enhance the event's theme and publicity materials.
4. Arrange and coordinate all relevant services and equipment needed for the event.
5. Prepare a written report on the success of the event to her/his employer.
6. Develop a well-defined approach with consultation of and coordination with PSD staff Directorate.
7. Conduct market research to identify opportunities forfor desired events.
8. Liaise with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements.
9. Coordinate venue management; with farmers, cooperatives, agri business, caterers, stand designers and contractors.
10. Registration of both holders.
11. Develop a business directory.
12. Organize facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media;
13. Identify and secure speakers and guest of honor.
14. Plan room layouts and the entertainment program, scheduling workshops and demonstrations;
15. Coordinate staffing requirements and staff briefings;
16. Sell sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners;
17. Prepare delegate packs and papers;
18. Liaise with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage;
19. Coordinate suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
20. Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
21. Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
22. Manage Ag fair website and social media activities.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Visitors, guests and organizers’ safety and security are insured.
2. Events organized within the given timeline and the allocated budget.
3. All the required documents including event reports maintained.
4. It is insure that the overall purpose for the events is attained.
5. A well-defined approach for conducting is developed.
1- Having Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline preferably BSC Agriculture
2- Having 5 years’ experience in relevant field.
3- Having excellent written and oral communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Qualified applicants are required to send in a soft copy of his/her CV a long with Cover Letter to the Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), at email address:
Note: No application will be taken into consideration without having a cover letter showing the position title and vacancy number. Only selected candidates will be called for interviews.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer, which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Watershed Management Officer at MAIL/Panj Amu||Kunduz||02 Feb 2019|
|National Program Director at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||02 Feb 2019|
|Social & Safeguard Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||01 Feb 2019|
|Horticulture Trainer at The Liaison Office||Multi Cities||21 Jan 2019|
|Social Organizer (NRM) at DACAAR||Nangarhar||21 Jan 2019|
|Agribusiness Development Specialist at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||21 Jan 2019|
|Horticulture Development Specialist at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||21 Jan 2019|
|Resource Management Advisor at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and liv..||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|