Project Safety Officer(1081 Views)
About Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)
Asia Consultancy Group (ACG) is a privately-held international telecommunications service company engaged in facilitating the development of infrastructure solutions for disperse populated areas.
Our aim is to provide a range of premier services encompassing cell tower co-location, operation and management, network planning and design, and Over-The-Air device management, to Telecommunication and ISP services providers facings a challenging environment.
• The Safety Officer supervises and/or performs professional and scientific work involving safety, health, and environmental issues anticipating, dealing with, eliminating, or controlling hazardous conditions, exposures, and practices. These hazards may result from human error, equipment, or machine operation and may lead to injuries or damage to property or the environment.
|Date Posted:||06 Jan 2019||Reference:||ACG/HRD/19/04|
|Closing Date:||19 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
• Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related Safety and Project Staff.
• Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
• Promotes safe practices at the job site.
• Enforces safety guidelines.
• Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
• Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
• Conducts job hazard analyses.
• Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
• Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
• Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
• Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste
• Safety principles, standards, practices, and analytical techniques.
• Assist in implementing and maintaining standard policies and procedures for construction safety
• Assist the development and implementation of a comprehensive program for construction safety for monitoring and maintaining compliance with safety regulations during construction activities;
• Safety Officer identify, analyze, and control hazardous conditions, exposures, and practices. They apply their knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to design and/or evaluate safety features and controls compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operation of machinery and equipment.
• This work frequently includes analyzing materials, structures, safety codes, legal requirements, and operations; advising on safety requirements, including the economic impact of alternative solutions; and conducting accident investigations and inspections or reviews of facilities, plans, and equipment.
• Knowledge of Safety Standards and Regulations.
• Must understand the OSHA Standards and Regulations.
• Must have experience of all codes and inspections and Reporting procedures.
• Must be able/familiar to do accident/incident investigation and reporting system.
• Must have a good analytical understanding and experience of safety matters.
• OSHA Certified and have a degree in safety and health or of OSHA Classes.
• Certifications or licenses are preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Construction Safety Management, Engineering.
• Five years’ experience as a Safety Officer.
Afghanistan - Balkh
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Construction
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit a comprehensive cover letter along with a copy of their updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume to ACG's human resource department email address. Please note that you must include the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of any email in response to this job announcement and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!