Part Time Consultant(946 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
Reporting to the Component Lead, the Consultant will ensure IDLO’s legal aid work fits within Afghanistan’s legal and social environment. S/he will actively and regularly engage with members of the department of justice and legal aid provincial office in Balkh/Herat, government and non-governmental partners, and other stakeholders to collaboratively carry out his/her responsibilities.
|Date Posted:||06 Jan 2019||Reference:||IDLO/SAJA/02/2019|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||500 to 0 USD|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant has these key responsibilities:
• Support the design and implementation of all management and coordination activities aimed at enhancing the cooperation of legal aid provincial office
• Review organizational documents such as policies, procedures, registrations of provincial Ministry of Justice-MOJ Legal Aid Department (MOJ-LAD) and support the implementation of such policies and procedures in daily work of provincial LAD
• Provide feedback to head of Balkh/Herat LAD and other staff in the provincial LAD on their quality and capacity
• Make an action plan to implement the recommendation and solution package of the provincial LAD office assessment.
• Provide support for strengthening relationships with stakeholders
• Review case files, check for pretrial activity, and observe trial advocacy
• Provide constructive and detailed written criticism/feedback on pretrial motions, defense statements, and appeals.
• Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly report on activities to the head of IDLO Legal Aid team SAJA II
• Provide time to time feedback to head of IDLO Legal Aid team on any improvement related to legal aid in Balkh and Herat
• Coordinate, facilitated and attend the Afghanistan Legal Aid and & Advocates ALAAN provincial meetings
• Perform any other task assigned by the head of IDLO Legal Aid team SAJA II
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to provide constructive feedback.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and proven experience of problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of IT software and the internet.
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Bachelor’s in law or Sharia, master’s degree in law will be an advantage.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience working as a defense lawyer or legal advisor, minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory or management role.
• Fluency in English and Dari is required.
Afghanistan - Balkh
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please submit your CV to the email provided and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position (Part Time Consultant - Balkh) and the Vacancy number (IDLO/SAJA/02/2019) you are applying. Please read the vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meet the above criteria and if any application does not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview!
|More jobs in this category|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 May 2019|
|Legal Advocacy Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||24 Jan 2019|
|Senior Lawyer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2019|