Operations and Logistics Manager(918 Views)
About FGi Logistics Inc.
Here at FGi Logistics, we are the leading firm providing logistical support to the defense and government projects throughout Afghanistan headquartered in UAE with having its nationwide offices inside Afghanistan and around the globe. FGi Logistics is a multi-industry solutions provider, domestic and international freight forwarder provide full set of services in ocean transportation, air cargo transportation, international moving, procurement and fleet-management.
We are now seeking an exceptional Operations and Logistics Manager to join our team based in Kabul, Afghanistan. FGi has a requirement for a dynamic experienced self-starting Manager who can lead the FGi afghan shipping counterpart in Afghanistan office with support from the company’s senior management.
|Date Posted:||07 Jan 2019||Reference:||0|
|Closing Date:||31 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Logistics||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of cargo assistance to the consignee.
• Identify and build productive relationships with agents and local vendors within Afghanistan.
• Communicate with Airline and local vendors to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
• Prepare shipping documents, customs clearance and other formalities of export and import shipments for airfreight and transit shipments.
• Responsible for plans, coordinates and managers developing the concept of support and managing large-scale logistical operations in Afghanistan.
• Develops and coordinates solicitations and makes sourcing recommendations for logistical subcontractors for projects in Afghanistan.
• Produce Daily and Weekly reports to HQ and Senior Management.
• Locates / proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Arranging business meetings with current and prospective clients.
• Continually inspires teams to generate new ideas and evolve existing programs.
• Background: Logistics & Freight Forwarding industry experience mandatory
• Candidates with good understanding of Afghanistan import and export formalities.
• Market, Shipping and Logistics industry knowledge
• Time management and planning skills
• Must be Afghan Citizen
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
• At least 3 years' experience operating within Shipping, Logistics and Supply Chain Management in Afghanistan.
• At least 2 years’ experience in handling import and export shipments
• Leadership and a capacity to handle operational challenges.
• Good understanding of our business, operational environment and its clients as well as the company mandate
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
• Demonstrated experience in managing/performing logistical operations
• Strong computer and email communication skills
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please submit your CV to the submission email
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!