Sr. Mining and Environmental Adviser to the Minister(400 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Advice Minister in contracts, regulations and law on issues related to socio-environment and mining technical operation to ensure its beneficial to GoIRA, people of republic of Afghanistan and in compliance with international standards. Review the annual activity reports from current contractors and provide the feedback.
|Date Posted:||07 Jan 2019||Reference:||Sr. Mining and Environmental Adviser/MoMP/PSU/013-1397|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Mining||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Advice the Minister on how to maintain and implement the Environmental Management System.
2. Review the reports on site inspections, hazard identification and incident investigations in order to develop corrective actions.
3. Develop and maintain relationships with relevant regulatory government and industry bodies to monitor and facilitate the contracts.
4. Conducts follow-up to ensure measures are taken to achieve compliance with approved national pretreatment requirements. Reviews requests for program modification and as necessary makes recommendations to the Minister of Mines and Petroleum for approval or denial of such requests.
5. Prepares reports, letters and enforcement actions (including remedial engineering plans and programs) to achieve compliance with permits or regulations.
6. Conducts inspections to ensure correct categorization with respect to national environmental requirements, to evaluate spill control measures, to update file information on mining processes, mining program and treatment technology.
7. Advice the Minister on development and prioritizing plans on different mining projects.
8. Advice the Minister in all technical aspects during national and international meetings and conferences.
9. To develop technical action plans to the Minister for different extractive projects.
10. Draft a brief report to Minister on current projects technical and environmental problems.
11. Any other task assigned by the Minister.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Adaptability to corporate setting is a must.
• Strong negotiation and client management skills.
• The ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
• The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups.
• The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required.
• The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
• Master degree in Environmental, Mining Engineering and any other related field.
• At least 5-7 years of work experience in relevant fields.
• Fluency in English, Dari, Pashto languages and Microsoft Office programs.
• The Incumbent should have sound knowledge of the extractive sector.
• The Incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills.
• The incumbent should be able to represent MoMP in intra-government and non-government meetings, conference etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Mining
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 20/Jan/ 2019 before 04:00 PM. Reference Sr. Mining and Environmental Adviser/MoMMmust be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Ahmad Siar Najib (Projects HR Expert)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Mail Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS) ,Ministry of Mines and Petroleum at Abdul Haq Square.
Contact No: +93 (0) 784 846 000
|More jobs in this category|
|Mining Revenue Collecting Officer at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoM..||Kabul||03 Feb 2019|