HSE Site Inspector(1124 Views)
About US Afghan Consultants and Construction
- US Afghan Consultants and Construction (USACC) is an international consultants and construction firm that facilitates governmental and private sector efforts in Afghanistan. USACC is an Afghan based company with offices in both Afghanistan and the U.S. The goal of USACC is to help promote reconstruction and rehabilitation projects in Afghanistan with its experience, associations and partnerships in both Afghanistan and the U.S. US Afghan Consultants and Construction (USACC) is a consultants and construction company which is owned and operated by Afghans. The company has a vested interest in the success of Afghanistan and is deeply rooted in its sociological and economic structures. It is composed of a group of well respected, highly experienced firms merged under the USACC banner. The senior management and the forming firms have been active in providing relief and rehabilitation services as well as construction and development activities in Afghanistan since the 1980s.The company is registered under the same legal description, with the Commerce and Industries Ministry through the Kabul province branch/department in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The HSE Site Inspector will supervise the implementation of all health, safety and environmental (HSE) programs at various sites in Afghanistan. This is to include the facilitation of HSE training and enforcement of required HSE training on site for all Tetra Tech (Tt) personnel. This is to include the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of HSE programs by the Contractor of the installation of Unit 2 at the Kajaki HPP. This includes ensuring compliance with all contractual, Tetra Tech, contractor and subcontractor relevant HSE policy and procedures. The HSE Site Inspector will ensure the accurate and timely submittal of all HSE documents by the contractor, and support the Tt site leadership with HSE related documentation. The H&S Site Inspector will provide HSE guidance, assistance, and advice to site project management and Tt contracted organizations. This will be accomplished through the interpretation of company HSE practices and procedures, in relation to client contractual requirements and current legislation and regulations. The H&S Site Inspector will support and enforce compliance to Tetra Tech’s, the Contractors, the Grantor’s and the client's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies.
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2019||Reference:||USACC-018-2|
|Closing Date:||18 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||HSE||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for jobs being performed daily.
• Ensure that all team members on site comply with HSE regulations.
• Ensure that the HPP contractor complies with all their contractual requirements for HSE.
• Ensure the required Safety Orientation is given to all relevant site employees.
• Participate in Safety Tool Box meetings daily.
• Prepare agendas for HSE meetings and convert the outcomes of the meetings to reports.
• Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the implementation of approved SMS by the Contractor.
• Monitor, evaluate and report that the workers have the adequate resources to perform their jobs safely to standard, before joining the work area to include utilizing appropriate PPE.
• Participating in Client meetings on a weekly basis.
• Execute the Tetra Tech Safety Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports.
• Monitoring HSE rules at the site according to the OSHA, and other HSE contractual compliance standards and enforce compliance.
• Monitor Contractor SMS Audits and Ensure all pre inspection checklists on the site are being utilized.
• Review the Contractor’s reporting of all incident, injuries, and near miss incidents.
• Conduct frequent work site inspection to verify contractual HSE Compliance.
• Monitor, report, and enforce the Contractor is maintaining a deficiency tracking system.
• Monitor, report, and enforce the Contractor is conducting and supervising on site Safety Training.
• Monitor, report, and enforce the Contractor is investigating Accidents and incidents as required.
• Purchase PPE and Safety Supplies as required for Tt personnel on site.
• Have authority to make recommendations to the Tt AESP Chief of Party about spot corrections or stop work for safety purposes.
• Report immediately to Site Tt AESP Chief of Party and Home off Tt Safety Specialist any imminent danger to life safety health concerns.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and 10 years of work-related experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, and contractors with adequate technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, internet and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
• Skills demonstrating the capability to perform as an HSE Professional for a medium to large project.
• A knowledge of and ability with leadership skills including mediation skills.
• High critical thinking/reasoning ability.
• Strong presentation skills including public speaking.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
• Ability to stay at the specified job site the length of the project.
• Strong English language skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking.)
Afghanistan - Balkh
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, HSE
• Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than (18/01/2019) to the email bellow only.
*PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER ( USACC-018-2 ) & JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
For more details contact: +93 744536735
Only short listed candidates will be informed.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!