Senior ICT Advisor to Minister(1343 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) is to provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
Scope of Work for " Senior ICT Advisor to Minister" is expected to support the Minister on a broad range of issues, including but not limited to taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation and drafting process. He/she is responsible for providing support in discrete legal issues by advising the organization, drafting undertakings and structuring remedies for the relevant issues. This professional may also be engaged drafting legal documentations such as law drafts.
|Date Posted:||09 Jan 2019||Reference:||MCIT – NTA – 19-01-04|
|Closing Date:||16 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The vision of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) for Afghanistan is a thriving the digital economy and information society powered by knowledge and the innovative use of information and communication technologies to strengthen our country’s economy, improve public services, increase productivity, create jobs, and improve the lives of all Afghans.
To provide ease of access to a reliable and cost effective ICT infrastructure and quality e-service delivery. Promote sustainable development of the country’s ICT sector. Improve ICT services and make available the latest technological innovations. Meet the public expectations for ICT and as a whole contribute to the socio-economic development and transformation of the existing economy into a digital economy.
The goals and mandate set for MCIT for the upcoming 5 years are:
• To provide strategic leadership and supervision in ICT, Information and National Guidance for sustainable development;
• To develop an inclusive knowledge based society via provision of high quality broadband services throughout the country;
• To provide guidance and strategic direction on access to public information, postal service, telecommunication, information and communication technology and digital media;
• To transform the existing manual, time-consuming and costly government procedures into more efficient electronic processes;
• To facilitate the private sector development and attraction through provision of required government based services and support for ensuring their inclusion in digital economy;
• Facilitate digital connectivity, Internet and cost-effective access to information and communications infrastructure and services throughout the country;
• Promote the utilization of ICT as a cross-cutting issue in all sectors, to enhance the accelerated socio-economic growth and development through dissemination of public information and provision of innovative information and communication technologies;
• Formulate and implement policies of postal public services, electronic public services, and information technology and communication technology;
• To guide, deliver and supervise the information services, new technology, communication and postal services to Government ministries and departments, both locally and externally;
• Facilitate and reduce the administrative burdens to attract investments, both domestic and foreign and promote the creation of jobs;
• Facilitate and lower down the administrative burdens to attract investments, both domestic and foreign to promote creation of jobs.
Functions / Key Results Expected:
Major Scope of the Assignment:
1. Formulation and implementation of national and regional ICT roadmaps/plan , digital economy strategy and other relevant strategies to drive productivity through digitalization;
2. Assist in development and improvement of regulatory frameworks to incentivize access to connectivity, digital platforms, adoption of digital technologies and their use economy wide;
3. Provide advice on development and deployment of digital connectivity infrastructure to increase penetration of services through public-private partnerships and public sector investments;
4. Develop different business models, services and applications related to the new digital economy.
5. Provide regular reports to the minister on the accomplishments and prepare brief for minister office on different ICT and technical projects.
The Senior ICT Technical Advisor will work under direct supervision of the MCIT Minister and report on his activities/accomplishment to the minister and his office; He/she will perform the following duties but not limited to:
• Provide advice on design and implementation of digital economy strategy and design task flow chart for the implementation of the strategy;
• Review the existing ICT infrastructure of the ministry and provide inputs to the management along with the recommendations for improvement the level of services deliveries;
• Provide advisory role and support in analysing, designing, and facilitating implementation of different technical projects work processes, project business implications and impacts of information technology activities;
• Provides technical advice and direction on the design, development, security, infrastructure, testing and implementation functions of information management systems;
• Evaluates new technologies and make recommendations to the management on their implementation methodologies and impacts. Evaluate the existing architecture/infrastructure, potential business impact, and facilitates adoption of leading technologies;
• Provide advice to technical departments of the ministry on design and implementation of technical projects;
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with international companies/ ITU/IPU/donors communities and others stakeholders on technical aspects of the projects and follow up on the technical aspects of dialogues, scopes of the project etc and implementation of bilateral agreements, MoUs and technical contracts;
• Reviews, analyses and evaluates the effectiveness of existing/new proposed projects and makes recommendations for enhancements;
• Prepare analysis/ reports, briefs and recommendations to Senior Management as required or needed for cabinet, Minister Councils, Parliaments etc
• Any other duties assigned by the ministry leadership.
• Extensive industry knowledge and experience in the implementation and use of information technology and information management systems and processes;
• Considerable technical problem solving and analytical skills;
• Ability to research, analyses, and evaluate current industry technology direction and standards and make recommendations at a management level;
• Ability to convey information technology concepts and business impact to senior officials as well as address more detailed training requirements of users and technical staff;
• Ability to provide vision, anticipates problems, and offer problem resolution;
• Ability to plan, develops, and evaluates programs;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, under varied conditions, with government officials, private industry leaders, professional personnel, and a variety of people at all management levels;
• Advance University Degree (Master’s or bachelors) in Bachelor of Science & IT, Management Information systems or any other relevant technical field.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested of Afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position TO:
Human Resource Directorate, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|Police Reform and Capacity Building Advis.. at MOIA||Kabul||24 Sep 2019|