Capacity Building/Advocacy Officer(502 Views)
About Coordination of Rehabilitation and Development Services for Afghanistan
Coordination of Rehabilitation and Development Services for Afghanistan (CRDSA) is a non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organization working in sectors of Sustainable Livelihood, Human Rights Promotion, Civil Society Strengthening, Returnees/IDPs Protection and Re-Integration in Afghanistan. CRDSA was established in 2002 and presently is operating in Herat, Farah,Ghor , Nimroz and Badghis provinces.
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager, the capacity building/Advocacy Officer will be responsible to lead and manage the capacity building team, contribute to the organizational development process of CRDSSA and its target CSOs to ensure that both the organization and its target CSOs achieve their organizational development goal and objectives.
|Date Posted:||09 Jan 2019||Reference:||CPI-001|
|Closing Date:||19 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Capacity Building/Advocacy Officer leads a team in the implementation of the capacity building initiatives within the organization, and is expected to achieve the following objectives:
• To strengthen CRDSA’s internal functional capacity through implementation of OD Assessment recommendations, and other OD interventions in terms of each six functional areas and technical capacity .
• To build the technical capacity of CRDSA through receiving and implementation of OD interventions in terms of technical development.
• To develop the capacity of 10 CSOs by delivering tailored capacity building interventions and timely technical assistance
• To increase the awareness of local communities on their civic and political rights as well as monitoring the local government services through organizing community dialogue sessions and civic education campaigns.
• Conduct regular visits and provide technical support and assistances to target civil society organizations.
• Assist in conducting internal trainings to PCSOPs staff members.
• Provide ongoing supervision, guidance and mentoring to the PCSOPs.
• Facilitate the capacity building and certification program of target PCSOPs.
• Lead the rapid response issues raised by the target PCSOPs.
• Assist in training and supporting/mentoring to PCSOPs.
• Provide direct technical assistance to organization and target PCSOPs as practical and according to areas of expertise.
• Ensure that project reporting requirements are met. Oversee data collection and prepare periodic narrative and bi-weekly reports on project activities.
• Establish and strengthen effective relationships and communication with organization different department, Counterpart International, PCSOPs and communities.
• Ensure that gender sensitization and awareness have been incorporated in various kinds of services, trainings and activities provided to target PCSOPs.
• As requested, contribute to overall ACEP project planning and development.
• Assist in addressing issues rose by the PCSOPs and suggest program changes or enhancements as appropriate.
• Participate in promoting the exchange of project information and expertise across the country.
• As requested, assist in planning for, facilitate and/or participate fully in meetings and ad hoc working groups.
• Keep informed of Civil Society issues and developments in Afghanistan.
• Assist the PCSOPs in advocacy issues and establish regional advocacy group.
• Any other duties as required by the project manager and CRDSA management
Require Travels to Provinces
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• The candidate should be a multi- skilled and multi- disciplined person, having had the past work experiences of several organizational functions and technical areas.
• Demonstrated proficiency in English language, both spoken and written, in addition to two main local languages, Dari and Pashto.
• Excellent cross-cultural skills, ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural NGO environment, with respect, professionalism and gender sensitivity.
• Good computer skills to include Internet, Word, Excel, database.
• Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• The candidate should possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration from a recognized university, and the Master Degree in the mentioned disciplines will be preferred.
• At least 3 years of progressively work experiences with NGOs in the field of capacity building or organizational development.
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Applicants are kindly requested to submit their applications and CVs in English to the below mentioned email address and also they may submit it to CRDSA-Herat office to the following address:
Mukhabirat Street, 4th district
Charahi Aab Bakhsh-e-Badmorghan.
Applicants are requested to write the vacancy # and Job Title in the subject-line of their emails otherwise their application will not be considered
Further information please contact us on +93- (0) 40 220040. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Clinical Legal Education STTAs at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||25 Jan 2019|
|Program Manager at Friends of the Public Private Partnership for Justice ..||Kabul||04 Feb 2019|
|Sr. Legal Specialist (Tax and Custom Lawyer) at Ministry of Mines and Pet..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Legal Specialist (Corporate Lawyer) at Ministry of Mines and Petroleu..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Legal Specialist (Land Acquisition Lawyer.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Chief COMPLIANCE OFFICER at Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.)||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|