Database Developer & Programmer(915 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Database Developer & Programmer will be responsible for development, coding, maintenance and implementation of information systems in MoE. Database Developer & Programmer is also responsible to generate meaningful reports from EMIS systems needed for different purposes. A part from this, the Database Developer and Programmer should have good coordination with other team members. The Database Developer and Programmer will be reporting to Sr. System Analyst (MIS Manager) and will focus on achieving the EQRA DLIs (Learning Assessment, CBE MIS, Monthly Phone Call survey system etc.) related to EMIS and ICT.
|Date Posted:||09 Jan 2019||Reference:||MoE/IT/EQRA/22|
|Closing Date:||22 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Database Developer & Programmer will be responsible for the following:
• Design & Develop applications and databases or maintain existing systems and applications based on new requirements or policy changes (web based or mobile)
• Ensure data quality and integrity in databases
• Maintain the provincial EMIS servers and troubleshoot/solve problems of central and provincial EMIS systems on time
• In coordination with ICT network department, ensure that proper ICT setup is in place for implementation of integrated EMIS system
• Responsible for designing, coding, and implementing software solutions for MoE using modern techniques and programming languages
• Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency
• Ability to understand front-end user’s requirements and a problem-solving attitude
• Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
• Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage
• Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion
• Modify databases according to the requests and perform tests
• Develop technical training manuals
• Solve database issues and application errors and bugs
• Provide data management support to users of different MIS systems in MoE
• Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis
• Provide technical-level assistance in creating specific applications for MoE
• Produce complex queries, create procedures and functions to retrieve data from different MoE systems based on the needs
• Build capacity of civil Servants in terms of coding, development and data retrieval
• Any other related task assigned.
• Maintained Enhanced monthly phone call survey MIS system
• Managed, Administered and Integrated SMIS application in all Provincial Education Department (PEDs).
• Maintained the Operational plan management Information system.
• Software security measures are Taken to properly setup and maintained status of all servers and application in provinces is made available
• Data off all MoE systems is backed up on regular basis
Database Developer & Programmer will report to Sr. System Analyst (MIS Manager) and ICT Director.
a. BS in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software Engineering.
a. 5 years of relevant experience (programming and software development)
c. Experience in asp.net MVC will be plus
3) Skills and Competencies
a. Strong system development skills
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages
c. Good Software Project Management Skills.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Database Developer work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 22nd Jan 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|Sr. Software Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Junior Professional / Software Engineering at AWAL Development and Trans..||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|