Provincial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting Officer(15670 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service
The General Directorate of Planning & Evaluation is responsible for smooth implementation of the EQRA project who will need a technically skillful person as Provincial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting officers who will support the task Force with preparing of all monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports based on the results from provincial (village, district, and province) levels, and share prepared reports with the national officials according to the reporting procedure timeline and cooperate with the Provincial Education Directorate for the preparation and approval of their operational plans and train them the reporting system. Support the PED in collecting the EMIS data in the sub-national level, in order to achieve the expected results of the NESP-III, EQRA DLIs and other educational development plans. At the technical level, the officers will report on provincial statistical data to the central statistics Unit in the General Directorate of Planning and Evaluation.
|Date Posted:||12 Jan 2019||Reference:||MoE/GP/EQRA/23|
|Closing Date:||25 Jan 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||35||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the incumbent include but not limited to:
A. Monitoring and Reporting
• Compiling the monitoring and reporting reports of all districts and Provide feedback and recommendations for further improvement of reports based on the expected outputs.
• Support Provincial Planning Department in preparing and submitting comprehensive and periodic (quarterly output based) reports.
• Reviewing the progress of indicators relevant to the DLIs frameworks and indicators reference sheet of the annual operational plans.
• Conducting field monitoring and verification visits to districts and schools.
• Support coordination of annual review of operational plan implementation.
• Support Provincial Planning Department in monitor and tracking the implementation process of provincial and district operational plan.
• Support provincial education directorate in development of provincial 3 years rolling plans and annual operational plan.
• Train and orient civil servants in understanding of annual operational plans, activities and indicators and how to implement it (including EQRA DLIs).
• Support coordination meetings among program managers for information sharing and troubleshooting as well as statistical data management.
• Support Provincial statistic unit in data collection, entry, cleaning and verification for all schools (public and private).
• Support preparation of provincial annual EMIS reports including analysis needed for provincial decision making.
• Maintain EMIS functionality in PED (Working and Accessible).
• Support coordination with IDLG and provincial MRRD for data sharing and Transfer (i.e. Construction data)
• Support phone call survey
• Ensure that key school data is displayed in all schools for public access including CDCs.
E. Capacity Building
• Conduct training need assessment, identify staff training needs in planning, EMIS, monitoring and reporting and develop staff training plan.
• Conduct training sessions for capacity building of provincial and district level staff in planning, EMIS, monitoring and reporting.
• Facilitate training of school principals on the revised data collection forms.
F. Other tasks
• Perform other specific tasks related to planning, monitoring and reporting as deemed necessary by the ministry.
• The annual operational plans in provincial and district level prepared and submitted to strategic planning directorate according to schedule.
• 12 monthly and 4 quarterly consolidated provincial reports (output based, including DLIs) prepared and submitted to M&E directorate according to reporting mechanism/schedule
• # of field visits for monitoring / verification conducted.
• # of PED staff trained and supported in planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Annual statistical/provincial report prepared and accessible.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. At least bachelors in education planning, computer science, statistics, economics, business administration or other relevant fields.
a. At least 4 years work experience in planning, monitoring and reporting.
b. Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and reporting systems.
a. Data analysis and report writing.
b. MS Office application.
c. Communication and Presentation skills.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
a. The recruitment will be done through a transparent and competitive processes.
2) Work conditions
a. The Provincial Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting Officer will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s rules and regulation.
b. MoE will provide a proper work station at PED office.
c. The Provincial Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting Officer will Report to the Provincial Education Director and General Planning Directorate Leadership.
a. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
b. 2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors..
c. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes a condition for final payment.
Afghanistan - Badakhshan
- Sar-e Pol
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 25th Jan 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at National Skills Development Program ..||Kabul||05 Feb 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Balkh||28 Jan 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|M&E Expert at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|Data Analyst at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|