Provincial Maternal & Child Health Coordinator(587 Views)
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
The ASMO’s vision is to serve as a partner for a better life in Afghanistan where families and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-beings; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country’s population, especially women and children; while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation. It is fully committed to improving the quality of life of Afghans by providing needed key health and social issue information, training and quality affordable health care products, services and behavior change solutions using innovative marketing, communication and community outreach approaches in collaboration between the public and private sector stakeholders.
ASMO is currently working as a sub-contractor with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus/USAID project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus.
Core Value (CLEAR)
Our Core Values (Guiding everything we do at ASMO)
We aim to make a large-scale sustainable impact, and are accountable and trustworthy in keeping our promises
Learning and leading:
Staying tuned to those with unmet needs, we listen to, create and share new thoughts and ideas in a spirit of openness, humility, caring and empathy while ensuring access to high quality, affordable solutions, and enabling behavior change
We relate to all with integrity, ethics, transparency, and respect. We foster an inspiring, non-discriminatory and gender-friendly work place for the people to be the best they can be. We adopt an eco-friendly approach to sustainable healthcare
Knowing NO one can do it alone; developing the right partnerships and collaborations for success
On-the-ground results are critical to success. We act with urgency, speed, innovativeness and efficiency
The Provincial Maternal & Child Health Coordinator manages ASMO maternal and child health interventions including, but not limited to health providers trainings and detailing, beauty parlors training, mosques meeting and urban JSJ sessions, and university awareness raising workshops in Kandahar province. Provincial MCH Coordinator works in the ASMO regional office located in Kandahar province and report to the Senior Maternal and Child Health Officer.
|Date Posted:||29 Jan 2019||Reference:||ASMO-003-2019|
|Closing Date:||19 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 8 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitates training sessions for private sector health providers (Obe/Gyn, pediatricians and GPs) on maternal and child health themes conducted by the MoPH national mater trainers
• Conducts training sessions for beauty parlor staff (owners and beauticians) on maternal and child health products and messages
• Organize learning workshops on FP and maternal and child health for female students of public/private universities at provincial level
• Leads recruitment and training of interns for provider detailing and beauty parlor initiatives at provincial level
• Oversees detailing activities of interns and monitoring of beauty parlors and provide constructive feedback and on the job training/support
• Assist marketing and M&E teams in conducting market assessment and pretest of print/promotion materials for maternal and child health products at provincial level
• Coordinates with the Provincial Public Health Directorate (PPHD) officials on obtaining approvals for ASMO program activities
• Participate in monthly PPHD and present ASMO programs and interventions at provincial level
• Contributes to the development of success stories about provincial level interventions/achievements
• Prepares weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports of training, detailing and beauty parlor activities
• Oversees health products marketing activities at the field/regional level and provide support to regional sales executive in marketing/detailing of health products
• Coordinate with the Directorate of Women Affairs in Kandahar to facilitate sales of ASMO products through women markets/entertainment places
• Perform any other task and duties as assigned by line manager
Management skills: Articulate, professional, and able to prioritize work
Personal qualities: Be self-motivated and able to work in a multi-cultural settings
Technology skills: Familiar with MS Word, Excel and Power Point
Language skills: Fluent in Dari and Pashto. Mid-level oral and written English language skills
Communication skills: Strong interpersonal communication skills
Education: Medical Degree with specialization in obstetrics/ gynecology from a recognized medical university. Master degree in public health is preferable.
Technical skills: Experience in product marketing & training are strongly preferred
Industry experience: At least 3 years of experience in maternal and child health programs with national/international organizations in regional level
Afghanistan - Kandahar
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to Human Resource Department of Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) as following Conditions:
• Subject line must be (Provincial Maternal & Child Health Coordinator- ASMO-003-2019) otherwise application will NOT be considered.
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
‘’Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply’’
|More jobs in this category|
|MD Specialist Anaesthetist Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF..||Kabul||06 Mar 2019|
|Program Assistant (CBM-H) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Endoscopist (Physician Gastroenterologist) at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Mar 2019|
|Health Promotion Liaison and Communication Of.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Nutrition and Health Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Medical Activity Manager/Bed Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Helmand||23 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialist Gynecologist Female at Médecins Sans Frontièr..||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|آمر پروژه ربیس وزونوزیس at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|مدیر ولایتی کنترول امراض.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||22 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialized Gynaecologist at Médecins Sans Frontières (..||Khost||31 Dec 2019|