Junior Legal Professional(1040 Views)
About Rosenstock Legal Services
RLS is a legal consulting firm that combines local knowledge with international best practice to advise clients and inform and improve the Afghan legal landscape.
Founded in Kabul in 2008, RLS advises Afghan and international commercial clients, non-profits, and governmental organizations. The firm has also advised development agencies, NGOs, and embassies, and has taken part in numerous Rule of Law and legal capacity development initiatives.
RLS’s Core Principles are:
> Providing clients with international caliber legal services applicable to the Afghan environment;
> Helping Afghan companies do business with the international community on an equal footing; and
> Contributing to the development of the private and legal sectors in Afghanistan.
We are looking for a diligent and committed legal professional to join our team. This person will work with our team to provide assistance and support in a range of practice areas, with a focus on commercial law. The ideal candidate is a recent law school graduate with strong communication skills. Candidates should be passionate about and committed to upholding rule of law.
|Date Posted:||29 Jan 2019||Reference:||1901-01|
|Closing Date:||01 Mar 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with business and other entity licensing applications, visa applications, tax filings, and other matters related to doing business in Afghanistan;
• Appear on behalf of clients at government offices including but not limited to the Central Business Registry, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Interior, the Afghanistan Revenue Department, the Attorney-General’s Office and the commercial courts;
• Undertake legal research and analysis under the guidance of senior staff;
• Translate legal and other documentation from Dari to English and vice versa;
• Maintain effective, professional, and timely communication with clients, colleagues, and government officials;
• Keep abreast of changes and updates to Afghan laws, regulations, policies, and practices.
• LLB Degree from a recognized law school (prospective graduates may be considered)
• Proficiency in Dari and English required
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please include the following application materials in your email:
• A copy of your CV;
• A cover letter explaining your qualifications and motivation for applying for this job;
• Contact details for three references;
• Note: please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Advisor at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Trans Hindukush Road Con..||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 May 2019|
|Senior Lawyer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2019|