Communications Assistant(1062 Views)
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 6,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
We are looking for a smart, creative, and enthusiastic full-time intern to work side-by-side with our Communications and Reporting team to support the organization’s outreach, network and communication strategies and to enhance the influence of our program-related efforts among target audiences. The assistant will work under direct supervision of the Head of Communications and Reporting.
|Date Posted:||31 Jan 2019||Reference:||0119-04|
|Closing Date:||14 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work under supervision of Head of Communications and Reporting.
• Capturing and developing multimedia content.
• Editing, formatting, organizing and filing documents and files.
• Developing outreach, promotional and programme visibility materials.
• Assisting in outreach activities.
• Collaborating with other Turquoise Mountain departments on a regular basis.
• Complete all the given administrative tasks.
• Assist in documentation of activities and maintaining existing databases.
• Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience or Baccalaureate (grade 12) with four years of experience.
• Knowledge of English and Dari/Pashto.
• Advanced photography skills and achievements (applicant might be asked to submit a portfolio of their work)
• Advanced computer skills: MS Office, Photoshop, InDesign or other design software
• Familiarity with Turquoise Mountain’s work
• Organized, proactive and great at work with other departments.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Candidates should submit their C.V. with Letter of Interest by no later than February 14, 2019. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – Communications Assistant + last name.
Kindly combine covering letter and C.V. as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Communication & Knowledge Management.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|