Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Specialist(698 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Specialist will be consulting the EQRA funded publication provincial 7 provincial TAs, in close coordination with DPI’s top management and relevant Tashkil staff (Central & Provincial). This post will have direct impact on inventory controlling and monitoring activities of provincial TAs. The Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Consultant will report to DPI director, and will be responsible for the following: he/she will support and carry on their duties according to the EQRA-DLIs sub component 2.3
|Date Posted:||02 Feb 2019||Reference:||MoE/DPI/EQRA/30|
|Closing Date:||15 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Consulting and monitoring necessary arrangements in the warehouse for loading and unloading of textbooks across its supply chain.
• Consult and control Regional Publication Officers to monitor and ensure textbook distribution process in-lined with applicable textbooks distribution standards, effective and efficient warehousing mechanism, and keep an update electronic data in system.
• Share ideas with relevant source and assist in developing and improving of a database for warehouse; linked with Textbooks Information System (Yet to be developed).
• Ensure that all material in the store could be easily counted physically and from the stock cards, ensure that incoming textbooks’ inventory is placed in store properly and professionally in-lined with applicable delivery terms and conditions.
• Consult and monitor effective and efficient inventory control measures after each single distribution takes place from source to destination, on any level.
• Monitor preparing and completion of all paper work before and after incoming and outgoing of the inventory from source to destination (e.g. printing house to provincial warehouse).
• Supervise a computerized system that will track all incoming and outgoing textbooks and educational materials.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on warehouse activities; Report daily textbooks distribution report to Gen. Manager at the end of each distribution day.
• Responsible for effective and efficient implementation of all new assignments which DPI's top management may guide the warehouses throughout the contract period.
• Share implementable ideas with DPI top management for improvement of warehouse system throughout the contract period.
Deliverables: Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Consultant
• Regional NTAs trained, consulted and controlled quarterly basis on:
o Loading and unloading of textbooks, receipt of textbooks, verifying and counting of textbooks, storing, staging and delivery of textbooks across its supply chain;
o textbook distribution process assured in-lined with applicable textbooks distribution standards;
o Effective and efficient warehousing mechanism
o Update electronic data in system is kept.
• Third party assigned for preparing textbooks’ Consulted and monitored, quantity and quality reports monthly or as and when required.
• Effective and efficient Consulted and monitored inventory control measures i.e. FIFO before each textbook’s distribution takes place.
• all paper work (such as GRN, Distribution Ticket, Textbooks’ Exit Ticket, GIN) Monitored the prepared and completed before, during, and after each textbooks printing project.
• Daily, weekly and monthly reports prepared on warehouse activities;
• Implementable ideas shared with Technical Specialist for improvement of warehouse system and OTMIS quarterly basis.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. At least Bachelor degree in education or other related fields such Economics, Business Administration, and social sciences.
a. At least 5 years of experience in the related field).
b. At least he/she should have experience in the public organizations in the relevant field.
3) Skills and Competencies
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages.
c. Proposal and report writing skills
d. Strong arithmetical, statistical, and mathematical skills.
e. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan and abroad.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Specialist will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
5. with the possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance, business needs and availability of funding under the project
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, General
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 15th Feb 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. To not waste the resources of MoE, therefore, it is kindly requested you to adjust your Cover Letter & CV in three Pages. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Intern at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Finance Consultant / Kapisa at Ministry of Public Health||Kapisa||24 Feb 2019|
|Head of External Relations Department at Directorate of Mine Action Coord..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming Officer at Directorate of Mine Action ..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|عضو مسلکی امریت نورم و ست.. at ATRA||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Biomedical Engineer ICU at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|
|Scholarship for Afghan Females at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Head Cook - سرآشپز at Lampaka Food Services||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|