Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist/Manager(687 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist/Manager will be leading the EQRA funded publication TAs (10 people), in close coordination with DPI’s relevant Tashkil staff . Four TAs will be based in MoE and 7 others will be based in the provinces (whose duty stations will keep on changing as and when required by DPI). The Textbooks Print Production and Distribution General Manager will report to the DPI Director, and will be responsible for the following: he/she will support and carry on their duties according to the EQRA-DLIs sub component 2.3
|Date Posted:||02 Feb 2019||Reference:||MoE/DPI/EQRA/30|
|Closing Date:||15 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist/Manager will be leading the EQRA funded publication TAs (11 people), in close coordination with DPI’s relevant Tashkil staff. Four TAs will be based in MoE and seven others will be based in the provinces (whose duty stations will keep on changing as and when required by DPI). The Textbooks Print Production and Distribution General Manager will report to the DPI Director, and will be responsible for the following:
• Developing and Polishing DPI’s printing and distribution policies in coordination with relevant sources based on auditors’ recommendations and capacity assessments conducted by third parties.
• Submission of All relevant reports to H.Es, Donors, and Publication Department.
• Creating close Coordination and Harmony among all functioning units; which Textbooks print production and Distribution Department is linked to, by one or other way.
• Supervising the overall process of designing and preparing proposal for future required Budget in close coordination with relevant sources.
• Following up and supervising the Textbooks printing process, advising necessary corrections and deploying relevant workforce to incorporate relevant changes.
• Be responsible for hiring the required TAs, preparing and application of Textbooks print production and Distribution Departments’ employee performance appraisal annually, in close coordination with HR.
• Supervising and assisting the Director in overall management of textbooks’ printing and distribution department.
• Supervising the development of an effective and efficient textbooks information system.
• Advising and planning meetings on different Directorates’ Top Management related matters with relevant units of the Ministry and international donors whenever required.
• Bridging the communication gap between relevant Departments on how to manage the process of textbooks’ content verification based on the approved samples, in an effective and efficient manner.
• Advising the warehouse and other relevant units of the textbooks’ printing and distribution department in connection of textbooks’ receipt, textbooks’ counting and payment to the contractors in compliance to the terms and conditions of the contract.
• Be responsible for calculating the varying quantities against contracted quantities that needs to be distributed, in close harmony with the relevant units of DPI and Donors.
• Supervising and assuring the accuracy of all work plans related to Textbooks Printing, Textbooks Printing Projects implementation timeline, Textbooks Distribution and Textbooks Transportation.
• Supervising and assuring textbooks’ printing and distribution to the provinces.
• Ability to prepare cost estimates, variance calculation of textbooks, make projections and to advise the Ministry as to how she can budget effectively and efficiently for her present and future textbooks’ needs.
• Preparing reports for relevant sources inside and outside the Ministry especially to the Donors on TPPs
Deliverables of Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist
• Reflecting donors’ and auditors’ recommendations in textbooks printing and distribution policies on annual basis.
• Preparing textbooks’ printing and distribution reports quarterly.
• Preparing, managing, and correcting textbooks printing and distribution projects all those funded by USAID on bio-annual basis.
• Budgeting textbooks’ printing and distribution activities annually.
• Hiring, deploying, and conducting performance appraisal of DPI TAs as and when required.
• Evaluating ACR activities and providing inputs to them for developing and improving Online Textbooks Management Information System-OTMIS, after each provincial evaluation of the database on quarterly basis.
• Administering OTMIS, identifying gaps in the system and reporting identified gaps to ACR for applying the required corrections on quarterly basis.
• Advising donors’ coordination meetings as per the given schedule of the Donor.
• Advising on smooth implementation of textbooks printing and distribution contracts after completion of each textbooks printing and distribution contract.
• Textbooks printing and distribution variance calculation at the end of each and every textbooks printing projects.
• Assuring the quality of work plans (printing plans, timelines, distribution plans, and procurement plans) on quarterly basis.
• Aligning the activities of DPI NTAs as per relevant subcomponent of EQRA and USAID’s IL, as per the given schedule in of them.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. At least Bachelor degree in education or other related fields such Economics, Business Administration, and social sciences.
a. At least 5 years of experience in the related field).
b. At least he/she should have experience in the public organizations in the relevant field.
3) Skills and Competencies
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages.
c. Proposal and report writing skills
d. Strong arithmetical, statistical, and mathematical skills.
e. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan and abroad.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist/Manager will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
5. With the possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance, business needs and availability of funding under the project
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, General
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HR, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION Deh Afghanan, Gul Bahar Center, Ministry of Foreign Street, 7th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 15th Feb 2019, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SUBJECT LINE. THE APPLICATION MUST HAVE SUBJECT LINE INDICATING TITLE AND VACANCY NUMBER). However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters etc. To not waste the resources of MoE, therefore, it is kindly requested you to adjust your Cover Letter & CV in three Pages. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Intern at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Finance Consultant / Kapisa at Ministry of Public Health||Kapisa||24 Feb 2019|
|Head of External Relations Department at Directorate of Mine Action Coord..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming Officer at Directorate of Mine Action ..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|عضو مسلکی امریت نورم و ست.. at ATRA||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Biomedical Engineer ICU at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|
|Scholarship for Afghan Females at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Head Cook - سرآشپز at Lampaka Food Services||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|