Poultry Layer Farm Manager(449 Views)
About Afghan Meyar Poultry Farm
Afghan Meyar Poultry Farm and Feed Production:
Afghan Meyar is established in Gul Bagh, District, 7th, Shah Mahmood khan Garden, Kabul Afghanistan on a 44,000 square meter site. Afghan Meyer will become known as the largest and most modern layer poultry farm in Afghanistan and will be fully operational with eggs sold from July 2019, with stocking by day-old-chicks planned for March 2019.
The farm has capacity to produce 170,000 eggs daily, it will double production and satisfy a major part of egg demand in Afghanistan. Current facilities can produce 7% of the total national egg demand, but more significantly it will contribute to supplies of table eggs to the urban centers which are estimated to require 235.5 million table eggs for those urban centers where local supplies are deficient.
Construction of the integrated poultry unit and feed mill is happening in two phases. The first began in July 2018 and will be completed in February 2019 with completion of the Brooding house, egg layer units, the egg packing plant and staff facilities. The second will then follow with construction of the feed mill.
Afghan Meyer will then not only increase its production and income from poultry products but will also is focus on serving the people with safe, quality product, support local and regional economic growth, and create gainful employment for upwards of 500 people.
The Poultry Farm Manager will work under the direct supervision of Afghan Mayar Management team and will constantly liaise with technical team result based maagment of the farm. He will be responsible for the training and technology transfer to the skilled and unskilled workers of the farm in order to increase the poultry farmers’ incomes through the effective delivery of project outcomes. He will mainly be responsible for technically supporting the Commercial Layer farms activities.
|Date Posted:||02 Feb 2019||Reference:||007|
|Closing Date:||15 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Agency Staff||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist and train farm workers on best practices regarding the layer farming to improve the quality and quantity of their production;
• To provide guidance on how to correct issues that may limit productivity;
• Train workers on best layer farming and poultry management practices;
• Check and regulalry monitor the fram cleaning, disinfection standards and mainatain higher level of bio security standards.
• Conduct post mortem and prescribe the required medicne vaccine whenever require
• provide daily report of the fram
• Advice and take active part with regards to feeding, watering, vaccination, flok uniformity , weighing andother activities of the farm;,
• regularly Collect data regarding poultry production, productivity, feeding, vaccination, medication and poultry diseases needed for the farm;
• Solve local technical poultry issues where possible and report on-going problems including outbreaks of diseases and poultry mortality;
• Identify the root causes of the any problem and develop relevant and right time approach for its solution;
• Undertake other duties and responsibilities requested by the Technology suppliers and technical advisors.
1- The farm manager is responsible to refresh the layer farm worker;s knowledge in layer management in order to ensure production of cost competitive, high quality, disease free table eggs
2- Properly calibrate/operate the cage equipment (feeder, drinkers, light system, egg collection, storage and ventilators);
3- Train the Farm supervisors in maintaining of high standard of bio security.
4- Responsible for carrying out of layer production, health, bio-security, husbandry and poultry welfare practices
5- Train farm workers in terms of feeding, watering, vaccination, weighing, uniformity of flock, beak trimming and lighting schedule
6- Train the layer farm workers/supervisors in order to build their capacity in layer poultry husbandry duties such as temperature control, proper laying, medicating, humidification., environmental management (e.g. ventilation) and proper debeaking, practices.
7- Guide staff on developing mechanisms to be carried out during weather extremes (very hot or cold)
8- Train staff on maintaining disease free layer flocks; achieve high production with quality standards and targets as established for the farm
9- Prepare reports and lessons learnt for information sharing.
10- Regularly Technical assist the workers in poultry husbandry practices and marketing.
• Master’s degree in Poultry Management, or layer farm working background with 5 years of experience with reputable agencies/suppliers like feed supplier to layer, DOCs supplier to layer farmers and/or rworked in layer farm.
• Bachelor Degree in Poultry Management, layer farm working experinces with reputable agencies/suppliers like feed supplier to layer farms, and or DOCs supplier to layer farmers.
• Working experience in layer farm espcially in fully automatic controlled cage equpments.
Afghanistan - Kabul: CHAR ASIAB
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Health/Medical
All potential candidates are requested to submit their CVs no later than 15th February 2019.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|MD Specialist Anaesthetist Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF..||Kabul||06 Mar 2019|
|Program Assistant (CBM-H) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Endoscopist (Physician Gastroenterologist) at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Mar 2019|
|Health Promotion Liaison and Communication Of.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Nutrition and Health Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Medical Activity Manager/Bed Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Helmand||23 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialist Gynecologist Female at Médecins Sans Frontièr..||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|آمر پروژه ربیس وزونوزیس at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|مدیر ولایتی کنترول امراض.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||22 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialized Gynaecologist at Médecins Sans Frontières (..||Khost||31 Dec 2019|