WEE-NPP Sr. Gender Statistics Specialist(915 Views)
The National Priority Program on Women’s Economic Empowerment builds poor women’s capacity to strengthen the economy of their households, communities, and the entire nation. It provides start-up technical and financial support to promote the women-owned businesses, job skills, and literacy skills. These investments are delivered through the Citizens’ Charter, the Agriculture National Priority Program, and the Human Development National Priority Program.
The program also intends to improve women’s economic environment through policy and planning reforms that can remove the legal barriers to women’s economic participation in all aspects of their economic lives.
Overall coordination of WEE-NPP is through the Human Capital Development Council. Provincial governors and the councils are also providing regional coordination and support. Furthermore, Islamic scholars, traditional leaders and community development councils provide guidance and support for the program.
Senior gender Statistics Specialist will work closely with the National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) and WEE-NPP program coordination Office (PCO) in Kabul city, in order to perform the below listed activities during his/her employment period.
|Date Posted:||03 Feb 2019||Reference:||MoLSA-WEE-NPP/CS-12|
|Closing Date:||15 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Technical guidance and capacity building on gender statistics
• Technical guidance and capacity building of staff on gender statistics at NSIA, WEE-NPP’s PCO and relevant departments of line ministries
• Analyze gender statistics and work closely with gender and other relevant departments to build capacity in key areas related to gender statistics and Women’s Economic Empowerment
• Capacity building on gender statistics and promoting effective use of statistics in policymaking
• Develop and maintain a list of indicators related to women’s economic empowerment (WEE) within existing nationally representative surveys conducted by NSIA (i.e. Afghanistan Living Conditions Survey, Men and Women in Decision Making, Demographic and Health Survey)
• Develop and disseminate technical reference and learning materials for key staff at NSIA, in the WEE-NPP PCO and associated line ministries to understand and use key gender indicators
• In collaboration with the WEE-NPP PCO in MOLSA, identify relevant areas where NSIA can support the needs of the WEE-NPP and provide technical and advisory assistance as deemed necessary
• Provide technical guidance and capacity building on gender statistics to NSIA, WEE-NPP’s PCO and relevant departments of line ministries
• Organize training, workshops, technical meetings, and seminars on gender and WEE statistics
• Prepare high-quality technical reports, notes, briefs and other documents as required and agreed between NSIA and the WEE-NPP PCO
2. Analysis in key areas of WEE-NPP and NSIA
• Contribute to the formulation of indicators and methodologies relevant to WEE for the monitoring and evaluation of specific topics
• Through workshops, meetings, and other formal and informal methods, build awareness and capacity among WEE-NPP line ministries on the collection, analysis, and effective use of gender indicators, meeting both the needs of the sector/ ministry as well as NSIA and WEE-NPP and
• Convene and organize groups of key experts on gender, WEE, and statistics as needed to provide input, advise and steer WEE-NPP’s activities related to gender statistics.
3. Awareness, knowledge management and promotion of gender statistics
• Assist the development and implementation of evidence-based policymaking on women’s economic empowerment by providing high quality data and analytical inputs
• Build awareness of available gender statistics within WEE-NPP and associated line ministries
• Actively lead a wide community of practice on gender statistics with relevant line ministries as part of the efforts to strengthen the capacity in this area
• Actively collaborate with other statisticians and statistical experts within NSIA, MOLSAMD, and other WEE-NPP line ministries on gender statistics and other matters related to WEE-NPP
• Support the development of knowledge products and/or capacity building materials related to gender statistics to meet WEE-NPP needs;
• Work creatively and flexibly to identify synergies and linkages among WEE-NPP’s activities in relation to data and gender statistics;
• Support the NSIA in development of its website and ensure that gender/WEE related data could be easily accessed by the policy makers
• Share monthly progress reports to the WEE-NPP’s PCO at Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) and
• Develop an annual work plan which outlines the activities which will be undertaken in the analysis and promotion of gender statistics to be approved by both NSIA and the WEE-NPP PCO.
Travels to Provinces
Occasional travelling to provinces is required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Core values / Guiding principles
1. Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of Gender Statistics.
2. Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
3. Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff.
Timeframe and duration of the assignment
• The assignment duration will be 12 months from the start date. The contract might be extended based on a satisfactory performance. The contract is subject to 3 Months probationary period.
• Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
• Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
• Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
• Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnical environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
• Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others.
• Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge.
• Completed Master’s Degree in Statistics, Demography, Economics, Business Administrations, Management or Research Methodology with 5 years’ relevant experience or having Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 7 years’ experience at the national or international level working on the collection, management, and analysis of statistical data related to gender.
• Demonstrated ability in statistics and using a statistical software package (e.g., SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) for data analysis
• Demonstrated ability in the use of large household survey datasets
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with issues related to gender statistics, women’s empowerment, and women’s human rights
• Demonstrate ability in synthesizing research notes and producing analytical reports and presentations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain technical statistical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Fluency in speaking and writing the local languages Pashto/Dari and English is required.
Kabul with possible travel to provinces
Reporting and Supervision:
The Senior Gender Statistic Specialist will report to Technical Deputy President General of NSIA and WEE-NPP Program Director at MoLSA.
The contact will be between the Senior Gender Statistic Specialist and MoLSA
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Qualified Afghan applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter including a contact number or email address.
The candidates should submit one page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position along with the updated CV clearly stating on the sealed envelope the Vacancy Announcement Number to Women’s Economic Empowerment PCO at Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) and/or via email to: and cc to
by indicating the title and Vacancy Announcement Number in the subject line of the email.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short listed candidates whose application responds to above criteria will be contacted. Short-listed candidates for this position are expected to attend two-step process: a written test and an interview.
Qualified Afghan women applicants are encouraged and preferred to apply for this position.
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and Cc:firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Programme Assistant (Sustainable Results) at United Nations World Food Pr..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||05 Mar 2019|
|Career Counselor at Colombo Plan||Kabul||08 Mar 2019|
|Budget Advisor - Embedded at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Community Mobilizer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Closeout Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Management Specialist (Health) FSN-11.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Feb 2019|