Fund Rising Manager(342 Views)
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW)
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated fundraiser to play a fundamental role in the growth of the organization working in different kinds of humanitarian aids and assistance project and partnerships with different Multinational and International organizations entire the country in Afghanistan. OHW currently works in humanitarian and emergency responses to IDPs, Returnees, Natural and manmade Disasters, livelihood, women and youth empowerments, and community developments. The position holder shall work closely with the Senior Management Team and be responsible for program funding, but is also responsible for rising based on the OHW’s nature and its mission to growth. This will include research and developments of kind of Projects/Programs concepts and technical and financial Proposals in the require capacities.
Lines of reporting:
The Fundraising Manager reports to the country Director and will also report to the Senior Management Team at OHW in Kabul.
|Date Posted:||04 Feb 2019||Reference:||-|
|Closing Date:||15 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organization.
• Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with key staff and the SMT.
• Develop large-scale multi-country funding proposals to international funders, Donors and partner agencies.
• Carry out prospect research and develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising.
• To work with Senior Management team, project’s board, management and staff in order to identify different sources of funding available in the country.
• To research and identify potential donors and develop a database or map existing data bases which are regularly updated summarizing the range of donors potentially interested in funding our work.
• To prioritize potential funding opportunities according to the best possible match between the scope of projects activities and donor interests.
• To coordinate with SMT, project’s board, management and staff to develop a fundraising strategy that will guide the organization in its fundraising efforts during the next year and a half.
• To map the organizations, government agencies and international partners that may be interested in OHW and its style of work ships and partnerships.
• Fundraising strategy developed for Humanitarian projects through January 2019.
• Fundraising plans developed within individual projects.
• Donor database developed
• List of funding opportunities across the region, prioritized according to the best possible match between the scope of future independent organizations activities and donor interests.
• Frameworks for project proposal/grant applications for specific sources of funding based upon findings from the research phase.
• List of organizations, government agencies and international partners that might be likely to establish partnership with OHW.
• Assessment of knowledge and skills needed to fulfill the plan.
• At least three proposals are submitted for proof reading to SMT
• At least three proposals after SMT acceptance are submitted further follow up in each month
• Any other will required by Country Director and the SMT at OHW.
Duties and Responsibilities
Securing funds from international Trusts, European Union, United Nation Offices, Afghan Government Agencies, International Community,
Foundations and other donor Agencies (70% Weighting):
• To significantly increase the amount of funds and donations for programs from trusts, foundations and other grant-making and donor organizations through the preparation of high quality funding applications and proposals and concept notes.
Grant management and donor stewardship (20% Weighting)
• Will do grant management and stewardship of key donors, including reporting and managing all aspects of communication with assigned donors of Organization of Human Welfare “OHW”.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key donors through effective communications across all touch points in Organization of Human Welfare “OHW”.
Research (10% Weighting)
• Commission, and undertake research on potential donors and analyze Organization of Human Welfare’s programmes with a view to making approaches for support.
• Investigate/develop new sources of funding from trusts, foundations and other donor organizations in Afghanistan for Organization of Human Welfare “OHW”.
• Research and development of concept on most new social innovations and sustainable development and furthermore for Human Welfares programs.
• Assist Organization of Human Welfare “OHW” with strategic and tactical planning of long term fundraising for growth and development of OHW.
• Assist with strategic planning for sustainable and core funding programs for Organization of Human Welfare in Afghanistan.
• A Bachelor Degree in Social Science, International Development, Public Administration and Social Development.
• Professional qualification and/or training in fundraising management are an asset.
• 05 years of progressive significant experience with Bachelor Degree in raising funds from Trusts and Foundations, including significant experience in raising funds for international development programmes in Afghanistan. Masters are preferred with the relevant experience.
Professional Qualities of Incumbent:
• Confidence in making personal contacts with existing and potential funders.
• Ability to maintain relationships with existing and potential funders of OHW.
• Methodical, organized and able to work with attention to detail.
• Able to contribute to strategic discussions. - Flexibility.
• Team worker.
• Must be able to work on own initiative.
• Understanding and be commitment to the aims and objectives of OHW.
• Willingness and ability to undertake occasional travels.
• Will be expected to work unsocial hours.
• To respect the ethos of OHW and uphold its values.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested and qualified candidates should a cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department –
Applications must be received by OHW’s HR department on or before 4:00 pm on the 15th- Feb- 2019 and clearly indicate vacancy number and job title (Fund Rising Manager, V#199) in their email subject line. Applications received after the closing date and without proper subject will not be considered.
Female are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Programme Assistant (Sustainable Results) at United Nations World Food Pr..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||05 Mar 2019|
|Career Counselor at Colombo Plan||Kabul||08 Mar 2019|
|Budget Advisor - Embedded at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Community Mobilizer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Closeout Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Management Specialist (Health) FSN-11.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Feb 2019|