Strategic Communication Expert(399 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Strategic Communications expert will provide Strategy and Communications on all aspects of her or his portfolio, including researching, writing and implementing the communication strategy files.
The Strategic Communications expert will oversee the internal/external communications program for the ministry, including the establishment and management of internal communications functions, which involves developing an internal/external communications strategy for the Ministry in consultation with PSU, Human Resources and other relevant directorates.
The incumbent of this position requires a capacity for strategic thinking and, demonstrates analytical and coordinating skills. Mature judgment, discretion and initiative and the ability to develop plans and reconcile competing priorities are essential. The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing are requirements of the position. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff across the Ministry and internal/external client and stakeholders.
|Date Posted:||04 Feb 2019||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Strategic Communication Expert|
|Closing Date:||18 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrates ability to deliver strong brand-journalism-style writing and editing for various distribution channels in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
• Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including: Develop relevant content topics to reach the Ministry target audience create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
• Understands and can apply strategic thinking to objectives-driven communication pieces
• Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social”. Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
• Develop and expand community and/or influence outreach efforts. Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.)
• Build, manage and implement a storytelling/editorial calendar
• Oversees social media engagement content and distribution
• Proofreads/edits with a firm understanding of communication style
• Compiles and analyzes current performance metrics and messages to monitor the success of County communication efforts
• Provides daily project oversight to other team members as needed
• Acts as a resource for County staff by offering solutions-driven communications
• Maintains logo/graphic design and website design standards; enforces use of standard logos.
• Updates content on the Ministry’s external website and online newsroom, as back up to content administrator.
• Supports the Communications and Public Affairs Director by providing day-to-day department operations oversight
• Additional communications projects as assigned. Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media,
• Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Content management duties include:
• Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
• Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: employee training, recognition and rewards for participation in the ministry promotion and online review building).
• Create a regular publishing schedule.
• Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
• Promote content through social advertising. Audience Growth
• Audience Profile
• Audience Engagement
• Content Reach
• Engagement by Content Type
• Response Rate and Quality
• Negative Feedback
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
High command in written and spoken Dari/Pashto and English languages.
Competency with MS-Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At least bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Mass Media, Communication, Journalism, International Relations or any other closely-related field. Preference will be given to the candidates with higher studies. The candidate shall have at least 5 years’ experience of working in related field. Preference will be given to the candidates with additional years of experience and Masters degree.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 18/Feb/ 2019 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MoMP/PSU/Strategic Communication Expert must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Ahmad Siar Najib - Projects HR Expert
Phone: 0093 (0) 784 846 000
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|More jobs in this category|
|National Communication & Knowledge Management.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|