About Agricultural Development Fund
Agricultural Development Fund (ADF), is a financial institution under the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The ADF’s mission is to finance agriculture and agribusinesses across the country, so as to contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan. While the primary target client of the ADF is the commercial farmer, it also provides financial support to other small/large farmers, cooperatives, agricultural input suppliers, equipment dealers, processors, wholesalers and exporters; as well as to those businesses that support agriculture, such as storage facilities and the transporters. ADF provides funding to its clients both, directly and indirectly, i.e. through financial and non-financial intermediaries. Its financing activities span agricultural production, processing, trade and marketing at all levels. ADF offers both, conventional and Sharia compliant loan products to its clients. ADF invites applications from the qualified and experienced banking professionals for the position of ‘Officers’ to be placed in its Credit and the Risk Management Departments and the Regional Offices.
|Date Posted:||05 Feb 2019||Reference:||ADF-034|
|Closing Date:||13 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ‘Officers’ of the ADF are expected to perform/handle the following duties/ responsibilities. These are illustrative and may undergo a change keeping in view the mandate of the ADF.
• Marketing of products and services of the ADF.
• Development/expansion of the loan business of ADF in the designated geographical locations in the country.
• Scout for/constructively engage with, the new/prospective borrowers/clients (individual entrepreneurs, agricultural cooperatives, associations, companies/ corporates, banks, MFIs, etc.) and facilitate the submission of applications for obtaining loans/credit facilities from ADF.
• Manage a healthy and fruitful relationship with the existing clients of the ADF, as also the other stakeholders.
• Appraisal of the loan proposals, including the pre-qualification assessment, preliminary scrutiny of loan applications, verifying/establishing the credit worthiness of the prospective borrowers, examining the technical feasibility, financial viability and/or bankability of the loan proposals based on the prudent lending norms/practices (including working out various ratios, fixation of repayment schedules), etc.
• Attend to the tasks associated with managing/hedging the risks associated with the credit and other functions of a financial institution.
• Handle the responsibilities pertaining to the credit/loan operations, including sanction/approval of loan proposals by the competent authorities, release of funds, signing of contracts/agreements, maintenance of data/information in respect of loans disbursed, tracking repayments, etc.
• Ensuring timely repayments of loans through regular follow-up with the borrowers/ clients, assist in the recovery of bad debts/written-off loans, attend to the tasks connected to the recovery of loans through legal recourse, etc.
• Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the management of the ADF.
• Must be a Graduate (with high grades, B plus) in Economics, Finance, Banking, Agriculture, Accountancy & Book Keeping, etc. Preference will be given to the candidates having Post-Graduate qualifications/MBAs.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience of working in a bank/financial institution, preferably in the credit, risk and/or marketing departments.
• Must be proficient in the use of various techniques/tools for credit appraisal and risk management.
• Knowledge of agricultural financing and the tenets/principles of Islamic/Sharia finance would be an added advantage.
• Must have strong communication and presentation skills, including in the use of MS Office package.
• Should be fluent in English and Pashto/Dari languages.
Afghanistan - Badakhshan
- Sar-e Pol
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Banking
All Interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number ( ADF - 034) in the subject line before closing date to the below email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|IT&C.B.S Internal Audit Officer at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|مدیر نمایندگی پکتیکا at Da Afghanistan Bank||Paktika||17 Feb 2019|
|Card Management Officer(Alternative Delivery .. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|ATM Technical Support Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Chief Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Corporate Secretary at Ghazanfar Bank||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|