Technical Evaluation Specialist(2323 Views)
About Agricultural Development Fund
Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) is a financial institution under the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The ADF’s mission is to finance agriculture and agribusinesses across the country, so as to contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan. While the primary target client of the ADF is the commercial farmer, it also provides financial support to other small/large farmers, cooperatives, agricultural input suppliers, equipment dealers, processors, wholesalers and exporters; as well as to those businesses that support agriculture, such as storage facilities and the transporters. ADF provides funding to its clients both, directly and indirectly, i.e. through financial and non-financial intermediaries. Its financing activities span agricultural production, processing, trade and marketing at all levels. ADF offers both, conventional and Sharia compliant loan products to its clients. ADF invites applications from the qualified and experienced professionals for the position of ‘Technical Evaluation Specialist’.
|Date Posted:||05 Feb 2019||Reference:||ADF-035|
|Closing Date:||13 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ‘Technical Evaluation Specialist’ is expected to perform/handle the following duties/ responsibilities. These are illustrative and may undergo a change keeping in view the mandate of the ADF.
• Provide technical support to existing and potential/prospective clients of the ADF.
• Provide technical support to the credit and risk management departments in the ADF.
• Undertake technical feasibility exercises in regard to the loan and grant proposals received by the ADF, more particularly with reference to the internationally accepted best practices/standards of food safety, health, hygiene and environmental compliance.
• Provide technical inputs in designing credit and other products/services of ADF.
• Undertake sector/activity specific and region-specific studies to validate the business models of ADF.
• Maintain a robust database/MIS on the agricultural sector in the country, with a view to mapping the potential for enhancing agricultural lending by ADF.
• Represent ADF in the meetings of the national/regional technical working groups and in other academic/technical events.
• Facilitate the conduct of training programs/workshops.
• Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the management of the ADF.
• Must be a graduate (with high grades, B plus) in Agriculture Sciences/Agriculture Engineering. Preference will be given to the candidates having Post-Graduate qualifications/MBAs in Agri-Business.
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience of working in a technical/academic institution, agricultural development project, bank/financial institution, etc.
• Knowledge of agricultural financing and the tenets/principles of Islamic/Sharia finance would be an added advantage.
• Must have strong communication, presentation and report writing skills, including in the use of MS Office package.
• Should be fluent in English and Pashto/Dari languages.
Afghanistan - Badakhshan
- Sar-e Pol
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
All Interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number ( ADF - 035) in the subject line before closing date to the below email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Value Chain Development Facilitator at Food and Agriculture Orga..||Nimruz||28 Feb 2019|
|National Project Manager at Food and Agriculture Organization of the Unit..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Project Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|National Quarantine Plant Pathologist at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP..||Kunduz||18 Feb 2019|
|Environmental Safeguard Officer -Herat at DABS||Herat||18 Feb 2019|
|Apiculturist at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||17 Feb 2019|
|Supervising Civil Engineer at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Horticultural Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Environmental Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Contract Farming Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|