Senior Program Officer(644 Views)
-Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany's biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
The overall objective is to ensure the FSAC is functionally achieving effective humanitarian coordination of food security and agriculture response in Afghanistan, while the specific objective of the agreement is to ensure an active involvement of the NGO food security stakeholders into FSAC activities. The three expected results are as follows:
1. NGOs concerns, and priorities are adequately brought up to FSAC Co-Leads;
2. Food security stakeholders are encouraged to participate to FSAC events;
3. FSAC coordination effectiveness is reinforced.
• Experience of engagement and presence at the national level cluster
• Experience of contribution to technical working groups at national level.
• Experience of compliance with cluster reporting requirements.
|Date Posted:||05 Feb 2019||Reference:||WHH/AFG/KBL-CO/254|
|Closing Date:||16 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish regular exchange with NNGOs and INGOs mechanisms.
• Ensure the accountability and transparency of the cluster's decision and work.
• Link with regional NGO Co-Chairs to understand specific regional concerns.
• Represent the NGO community at the weekly FSAC Co-Leads meetings.
• Contribute to the production of FSAC documents (policies, strategies, work plans, advocacy briefs, newsletter) on behalf of the NGO community.
• Mobilize NGOs to fill in gaps of regional NGO Co-Chairs.
• Mobilize NGOs to ensure good participation to FSAC events (coordination meetings, working groups, training, workshop, assessments, etc.)
• Maintain appropriate links and dialogue with national and local authorities, state institutions and local civil society.
• Encourage FSAC members to report to FSAC about their achievements.
• Co-chair National FSAC coordination meetings.
• Contribute to the recruitment of FSAC coordination team (internationals, nationals).
• Represent the cluster in humanitarian forum (ICCT, EPs WG, contingency planning and preparedness meetings, etc.) where needed.
• Act as FSAC coordinator OIC whenever needed (leaves, provincial trips, conflict in agendas, etc.).
• Ensure active participation and representation of WHH in the Food Security and Agriculture Cluster
• Provides technical supervision, including analysis of interim reports, final reports participation in workshops, literature searches, identification and administration of resource persons/consultants in support of projects;
• Support in developing and implementing the Seasonal Food Security Assessment (SFSA)
• Master’s degree in agriculture, Management or other relevant field plus four years of relevant work experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent language proficiency in Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Able to travel if needed
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Agriculture
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.
|More jobs in this category|
|Programme Assistant (Sustainable Results) at United Nations World Food Pr..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||05 Mar 2019|
|Career Counselor at Colombo Plan||Kabul||08 Mar 2019|
|Budget Advisor - Embedded at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Community Mobilizer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Closeout Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Management Specialist (Health) FSN-11.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Feb 2019|