Head of External Relations Department(478 Views)
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC)
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GIRoA and International Donors.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) pay-agent support project and, will be stationed Kabul. He/she will serve as Head of External Relations Department of the DMAC.
|Date Posted:||06 Feb 2019||Reference:||003|
|Closing Date:||21 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that relevant programme materials such as Human-Interest Stories, donor reports, proposals, factsheets, info graphs etc. are developed and disseminated to donors and stakeholders through relevant media and network channels. The incumbent will assist DMAC programme department in the proposal development stage to identify appropriate communication activities for the projects.
• Provide assistance and briefings on the Mine Action calendar events at national and international level
• Develop and maintain contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) Specific activities may include:
- Drafts and edits articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials.
- Collaborates with the media by organizing project site visits, facilitate photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
- Monitors and evaluates the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of media coverage, clippings etc.
• Provide supervision and direction to communication staff
• Lead and oversee DMAC website and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) such as daily monitoring, posting and content development.
• Ensure timely and quality production of advocacy and branding materials such as periodicals, annual and donor reports, supplements, calendars, briefing notes, Human Interest Stories, picture stories, videos, etc. The incumbent will develop and archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
• Develop and maintain an updated list of MAPA stakeholders and special interest groups. Assist in developing visit schedules/brochures, gifts and cards etc. Support preparation of background materials, briefs and information kits for visitors and high-profile guests.
• Assist in organizing and generating public support for special events and campaigns to promote strategic conservation goals. Support organization of workshops, seminars, campaigns, events and project review meetings including agendas and meeting minutes.
• Proofread all communication documents and ensure its contents various media documents from English into Dari and Pashto (such as FAQs, media briefing documents, newsletter stories) as well as coordinating and quality managing the translation of other key DMAC publications.
• Monitor and evaluate impact of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent), preferably in communications, journalism, public relations, Literature or related field with five (05) years of experience or Bachelor’s degree in above disciplines with seven (07) years of experience
• Excellent communication, networking, management and co-ordination skills are required
• Report writing experience is required
• Work experience in the development and emergencies sectors is desired
• Fluency in English and national languages is required
• Ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style to a variety of audiences is required
• Ability to identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks, and communicate broad and compelling organizational direction;
• Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, particularly Microsoft Publisher; Demonstrated experience in working with social media tools, such as Facebook and Twitter;
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
While sending your resume/CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position title in the subject of your email. Application received after the closing date and without mentioning the vacancy number and position title in their email subject will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for the test and interview.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the following email addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Intern at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Finance Consultant / Kapisa at Ministry of Public Health||Kapisa||24 Feb 2019|
|Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming Officer at Directorate of Mine Action ..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|عضو مسلکی امریت نورم و ست.. at ATRA||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Biomedical Engineer ICU at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|
|Scholarship for Afghan Females at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Head Cook - سرآشپز at Lampaka Food Services||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|