Monitoring Officer(563 Views)
About Mutahid Development Finance Institution
Mutahid (meaning United in local language) Development Finance Institution (MUTAHID) was established on April 1, 2011 and initially three MFIs namely Microfinance Agency for Development and Rehabilitation of Afghan Communities (MADRAC), Parwaz Microfinance Institution (PARWAZ) and Mofad Microfinance Company (MOFAD) were consolidated. Later on, three additional MFIs namely Women for Women International Microfinance Afghanistan (WWI), Ariana Financial Services (AFS) and ChildFund Afghanistan Microfinance Limited (CFA MF) consolidated into MUTAHID.
The creation of MUTAHID was an opportunity to combine the best components of these consolidating institutions and to preserve the significant investments made over the last few years, to create one larger, stronger and sustainable, best practice MFI based on the core principles of ethics, ideas and hard work while incorporating the lessons learned from the past.
Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) is supporting MUTAHID directly by providing direction, capacity building and financial resources and while a division of MISFA is run as a separate autonomous operating entity. The management of MUTAHID is ensuring the orderly and judicial transfer of good clients, quality staff and assets of the consolidating institutions.
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Monitoring Officer is responsible for the timely monitoring of various operational procedures in accordance with the operational policies, as well as assisting with other projects. The purpose of this role is not only to provide advisory services to MUTAHID that support effective control over our loan disbursement processes but is also over broader roles related to risk management in our microfinance businesses:
• Analyzing and assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the operational systems and processes;
• Ensuring compliance with all our existing operational procedures and guidelines across all products.
|Date Posted:||06 Feb 2019||Reference:||0340|
|Closing Date:||16 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan, Evaluate and Improve Controls and Risk Management Processes:
• Develop detailed monitoring plans, as per the Manual, to follow a system which ensures that all major risks are identified and analyzed on a monthly basis;
• Evaluate and examine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and systems to protect MUTAHID’s assets and resources;
• Check and investigate loan portfolio: disbursements and collections; based on field observations as well as system MIS information
• Coach/train staff based on the gaps observed during monitoring observations to ensure policies and procedures are implemented adequately.
• Interact with borrowers/microfinance clients( sample basis)of the assigned branches and report of deviations from protocols and procedures;
• Calculate all financial and operational ratios related to Microfinance to share feedback with management over branch profitability;
• Assist individuals who perform operational and financial activities with risk assessments and in developing action plans in their areas of responsibility to minimize anomalies. Facilitate discussions of practical ways to manage or avoid these irregularities;
• Provide assistance to operations teams in conducting monthly staff trainings across branches on operational policies with special focus on minimizing the high risk areas .
2. Complete Comprehensive Reports:
• Prepare monitoring reports of branches visited and present to Chief Operating Officer of Mutahid;
• Prepare comprehensive written reports outlining monitoring findings, highlight on risk areas, suggest remedial actions and recommendations that should be taken;
3. Follow-up and Continuous Improvement:
• Follow-up to determine adequacy of corrective actions along with recommendations for further improvements;
• Conduct regular monitoring visits to assigned branches (within Kabul) to follow up on the implementation of earlier findings.
• Perform any other relevant duty assigned by the supervisor;
- Monitoring, Problem solving, Attention to detail
- Communicating, clearing and concisely, Planning Objectivity, Diplomacy
- Information gathering, Report writing
Education: A Diploma or Degree preferably from courses related to Accounting and Business Administration
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
The application package, only acceptable in English or Dari languages, should, comprise of your latest up-to-date resume and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, indicating your earliest joining date, if selected.
Interested candidates should submit their application package only via email with the subject “Mutahid OA0340” . Due to the expectation of a large number of applications only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
|More jobs in this category|
|MIS Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Deputy Branch Manager at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Balkh||28 Feb 2019|
|IT&C.B.S Internal Audit Officer at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Card Management Officer(Alternative Delivery .. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|Chief Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Corporate Secretary at Ghazanfar Bank||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|