Senior Office Assistant(1895 Views)
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable communities, towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. UN-Habitat is headquartered in Nairobi, Africa and has four regional offices for Africa, Arab States, Latin America, and Asia.
UN-Habitat, has been active in Afghanistan since 1992 through the national resettlement Programme which later evolved into an Urban Reconstruction Programme. Over the past two decades UN-Habitat has supported government counterparts with technical assistance in policy, planning and urban management, the provision or upgrading of services and infrastructure and the reintegration of returnees. The overarching vision of UN-Habitat’s work in Afghanistan is for prosperous, inclusive and equitable human settlements that reduce poverty and contribute to national stability and development. In the context of a global mandate, the mission of the UN-Habitat Afghanistan’s Country Programme is ‘to transform lives through enhancing access to urban land, housing and services, while making systems and institutions responsive to people’s views and needs.’
UN-Habitat’s Country Programme Strategy 2016-2019 is focused on three thematic focus areas:
Planned and Well-Governed Settlements to enhance the government’s capacity to guide the development of human settlements in a participatory, equitable and accountable manner while ensuring access to basic services; Inclusive Settlements to improve access to affordable land and housing, services and infrastructure for all residents of human settlements with a focus on poor and female-headed households, including IDPs and returnees.; and Prosperous Settlements to contribute to towns and cities being hubs of economic activity that generate sustainable employment and enable residents ─ particularly the young ─ to acquire productive skills. Integral to each of these Focus Areas are cross-cutting issues of gender, youth, and development of national capacity, environmental protection and disaster risk reduction.
UN-Habitat has presence in 10 provinces of the country, including five major cities and works in implementing its strategy through six programmes: Afghanistan Urban Peace building Programme (AUSSP), Clean and Green Cities (CGC), City for All (K-SMNP and MGSP), Project for City Resilience (PCR) and the Promoting Early Recovery and Durable Solutions in Informal Settlements of Protracted Displacement and Regional Returns (PERDS- HLP-TF).
City for All (CFA)
UN-Habitat is supporting the Government to implement the City for All (CFA) Programme in nine municipal authorities (Herat, Farah, Mazar, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Bamyan, Nili, Kunduz and Kabul), between 2016-2020 through two projects: Municipal Governance Support Programme (MGSP) funded by European Union, and Strengthening Municipal Nahias Programme (K-SMNP) funded by USAID. The two projects have the same overall objectives and follow a similar approach. They will henceforth be implemented concurrently under the umbrella CFA Programme. The expected outcomes of the Programme are:
Strengthened municipal capacities and systems for urban planning, land management and municipal finance; (2) Improved municipal service delivery and strengthened social contract between citizens and municipal authorities; (3) Improved enabling environment for municipal governance, local economic development and service delivery.
The Senior Office Assistant (Logistic Support) reports to the Programme Manager and his/her main tasks will be as follow:
|Date Posted:||07 Feb 2019||Reference:||2019-02-159|
|Closing Date:||14 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure administrative activities including records, procedures and filing system to be maintained in accordance with UN-HABITAT rules and regulations.
• Ensure timely provision of logistical supplies and services, and keeping proper records.
• Ensure that transport is properly managed and provided to staff members.
• Maintain records of financial transactions, as directed by PMO, UN-HABITAT Kabul Office, and prepare relevant documents pertaining to subcontracts, procurement, and disbursement.
• Fluent standard translation verbally and in writing from English to Dari and Pashto and Dari and Pashto to English;
• Travel authorization forms, invitation letters and DSA.
• Driver’s attendance reports and contracts.
• Staff recruitment (Personal Action forms, Panel Selection forms and TOR for new positions)
• Drafting letters, IN/OUT letters record
• Inventory record and update, Coordination with IT and procurement for equipment requests and repairing.
• Booking meeting rooms for workshops and meetings.
• Reports to the program manager.
• Any other tasks that fall under the competency of the candidate;
• At least three years of experience with Administration & Logistic field (ii) and familiarity with the UN system in Afghanistan.
• Fluency in spoken and written English, and Dari (and/or Pashto) required.
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field, or high-school completion qualification in combination with five additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their P-11 forms along with cover letter to :
indicating on the SUBJECT line the vacancy number of the position, please note that applications received after the closing date (14 February 2019) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Subject line must be: (2019-02-159) or your application may not be considered.
• Letter of interest which clearly indicates the VA number (2019-02-159);
• Updated and signed UN Personal History Form P.11 for Individual Contractor (IC)
Failure to comply with the above requirements (i.e. un-signed P11 forms, no indication of VA number) will result in rejection of the application.
For more details about UN-Habitat and UN-Habitat Afghanistan Country Programme refer Website: www.unhabitat.org and www.unhabitat.af
• UN-HABITAT is committed to gender balance in all functions and at all levels. Female candidates are therefore especially encouraged to submit applications.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified or contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior National Training center Officer at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Coordinator of Finance Supporting Unit at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Coordinator of Procurement Supporting Unit at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Regional General Manager at AFTEL||Herat||25 Feb 2019|
|Senior Business Mentoring Officer at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|National Consultant - Trade Show Support Assi.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Project Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at Ministry of communication and I..||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|Business Development Associate at Ariana Hewad||Helmand||20 Feb 2019|
|Business Mentor at ASARA||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2019|