Project Medical Referent Assistant(875 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting one Project Medical Referent Assistant
|Date Posted:||09 Feb 2019||Reference:||MSF-319|
|Closing Date:||22 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||51200 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Assists the Project Medical Referent (PMR) in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project; in accordance with MSF's protocols in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the PMR on a day to day basis with running the Herat project
- Develop working networks with the local public health department, local government health officials, UN agencies such as the WHO, and other international NGO’s
- Assist in undertaking monitoring and evaluation of MSF activities and reporting these findings to MSF management
- When needed apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention respecting MSF protocols
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
- If asked to do so by the PMR, assist in the assessment of ED patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with national doctors - and informing their family about the patient’s evolution
- Assist in ensuring on-going training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Medical Doctor or paramedical diploma essential
- NGO experience desirable
- Experience in public health projects desirable
- Other experience in similar management positions desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Full Time: 176 hrs a month, day shifts Sat-Wed.
The Gross salary for this position is 51 200 AFN per month (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Herat
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Friday, 22rd February 2019 at 8:00 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to;
- Médecins Sans Frontières, PMR in HERAT Project via: E-mail: or drop in the CV box at MSF Herat Office, 29th Hamal Square, Near Almas Sharq Hall, District 5 Herat.
The reference “PMR Assistant” should be mentioned to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
|Medical Doctor Specialist Gynecologist Female at Médecins Sans Frontièr..||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Director of Education & Consultation at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||20 Mar 2019|
|آمر پروژه ربیس وزونوزیس at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|مدیر ولایتی کنترول امراض.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||23 Feb 2019|
|MoPH/PND – Nutrition Technical Assistance at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||18 Feb 2019|
|Nutrition Technical Assistance at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Psychosocial counselor/ Helmand at Ministry of Public Health||Helmand||17 Feb 2019|
|Provincial Maternal & Child Health Coordinato.. at Afghan Social Marketin..||Kandahar||19 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialized Gynaecologist at Médecins Sans Frontières (..||Khost||31 Dec 2019|