Finance Consultant / Kapisa(279 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
1. Background: During the last decade, Afghanistan has made significant progress in the health sector. More than sixty (60) percent of the population now lives within a one-hour walking distance to the nearest health facility, an increase from nine (9) percent in 2002. Infant mortality has decreased by 57 percent and child mortality by 62 percent. Attendance at birth by a trained provider has more than doubled, leading to substantially lower maternal mortality ratios than previously reported. Many of these health improvements have been realized through an improved primary health care system
While the Ministry of Public Health has had enormous achievements in expanding the coverage and provision of primary healthcare in the country during the last decade, shortage of quality secondary and tertiary healthcare is still prominent. With a number of new hospitals completed and/or under construction with support of the donor community and as per the Cabinet direction to involve the private sector in activation of the new hospitals such as Jamhuriat, Jinnah and Sheikh Zayed, the Ministry of Public Health has initiated Public-Private Partnership (PPP) program to operationalize the new government owned health facilities to deliver quality secondary and tertiary healthcare within the country.
The development objectives of the System Enhancement for Health Action in Transition (SEHAT) Project for Afghanistan are to expand the scope, quality and coverage of health services provided to the population, particularly to the poor, in the project areas, and to enhance the stewardship functions of the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH).
2. MoPH-SM: Strengthening Mechanism (SM) is a department of Ministry of Public Health, founded by MoPH on 2004, the mission is to develop the health status to improve the health of the people especially, women, and children through implementing of smooth Basic Package of Health Service (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) as the standard, agreed –upon minimum of health care to be provide at each level of the health system. The aim of this department (SM), to strength the ability of the Provincial PHDs to deliver the BPHS & EPHS financial management, human resource management, logistic and procurement capacity, technical capacity, and to probe for needs and demand of population in three provinces by the name of Parwan, Kapisa and Panjshir during the period of project life and to enhance and sustain government health sector capacity for sound implementation of MoPH policies and strategies, and the main aim of establishment of this department is to subsist of an alternative modal of MoPH for contract – out modality in the country
Responsible for all aspects of the financial management of the provincial health department in kapisa province
2- Responsible for the correct application of government and donor guidelines and procedures related to the disbursement of monies
|Date Posted:||11 Feb 2019||Reference:||Finance Consultant / Kapisa|
|Closing Date:||24 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for all aspects of the financial management of the provincial health department in kapisa province
2. 2- Responsible for the correct application of government and donor guidelines and procedures related to the disbursement of monies
3. 3- Making sure that all the requests for goods and services needed for kapisa are within the allocated budget and appropriate form quality point of view.
4. 4- Supervise and control the provincial accountant and the cashier and involve the administrator in these tasks.
5. 5- Work closely with the MOPH-SM Provincial technical advisor
6. 6- Build the provincial administrator accountant cashier and logistic officer of the PPHO in all aspects of financial management of the provincial Health department
7. 7- Submit financial reports according to the guidelines and required format and guild lines to MOPH-SM financial consultant based in MOPH.
8. 8- Attend the monthly ,quarterly MOPH-SM meetings in the central MOPH and SM provinces
9. 9- Attend the weekly provincial health management team meetings of kapisa PHO
10. 10- Attend and coordinate the weekly provincial buying committee meetings and be responsible for the minutes of these meetings and follow up of the taken decisions.
11. 11- Carry out any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor
12. 12- Work closely with provincial administrator in the process of contracting goods and services needed for the project in kapisa.
a. Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel, Access). Knowledge of data base and Quick Book accounting software is preferred.
b. Fluency and professional ability and skills of English language and local languages;
a. Bachelor degree in economics, BBA or CAT degree verified by MOHE.
b. At least 5 years working experience in finance and accounting field with Afghan government system and with national/international NGOs or UN Agencies.
c. Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel, Access). Knowledge of data base and Quick Book accounting software is preferred.
d. Fluency and professional ability and skills of English language and local languages;
Afghanistan - Kapisa: Provincial Center (MAHMOOD RAQI)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, General
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview:
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
1.GoIRA Accounting Manual
قانون امور مالی و مصارف عامه
قانون مالیات بر عایدات
|More jobs in this category|
|Intern at Control Union Inspections Ltd.||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Head of External Relations Department at Directorate of Mine Action Coord..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming Officer at Directorate of Mine Action ..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|عضو مسلکی امریت نورم و ست.. at ATRA||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Biomedical Engineer ICU at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|
|Scholarship for Afghan Females at Advanced Business Consulting (ABC)||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Head Cook - سرآشپز at Lampaka Food Services||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|