Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist(369 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Project M&E Specialist is responsible for the all functions related to the Projects Monitoring of the PSU Directorate at MoMP, Including develop and strengthens monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures, monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project Output and report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Project Director/Project Manager.
|Date Posted:||11 Feb 2019||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist|
|Closing Date:||25 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan for the NTA appraisal, monitoring and evaluation as per the relevant ToR and scope of work.
2. Develop a sound mechanism for appraisal, monitoring and evaluation of the NTA staff of the MOMP development projects
3. Develop and update the ToRs of the NTA staff and carry out assessments, monitoring and evaluations as reflected in the ToR and work plan;
4. Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies and data/information dissemination/utilization of the NTA staff and development projects;
5. Maintain electronic and/or paper-based HRMIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information including reporting on MOMP strategic program indicators;
6. Measure and report on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
7. Provide data to the Projects Director for use in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
8. Contribute to donor proposals and fundraising efforts and reports;
9. Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through appraisal and evaluation of the NTA activities among Project Managers, and other MOMP authorities.
10. Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
11. Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
12. Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information on the NTA performance around the MOMP development projects
13. Ensure that NTA staff under the direct responsibility understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
14. Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
15. Manage interpersonal conflicts among team members;
16. Undertake regular appraisals of relevant NTA staff;
17. Coach, train, and mentor NTA staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the NTA team;
18. Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to Projects Director and other key team members;
19. Participate in MOMP conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of Project/Program Management;
20. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of the Projects Support Unit (PSU)
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience, national and international
• The incumbent should be able to work independently and work in working groups
• The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required
• The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
• At least bachelor’s degree in business administration or Master’s degree is preferred in relevant field
• At least three (5) years of working experience Bachelors with both Afghanistan Government (MoMP) and Donor Project or International Organization in the related field is required.
• The Incumbent should have sound knowledge of the development projects in the context of the.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 25/Feb/ 2019 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MoMP/PSU/Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Ahmad Siar Najib - Projects HR Expert
Phone: 0093 (0) 784 846 000
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|More jobs in this category|
|National Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant at Food and Agriculture Organi..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|MONITORING AND EVALUATION COORDINATOR at DAI||Kabul||19 Feb 2019|
|Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager at Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|M&E Officer at Afghanaid||Daikondi||23 Feb 2019|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitation and Dev..||Herat||20 Feb 2019|
|Senior Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Ad.. at Afghan Social Marketin..||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|