Senior Financial Management Specialist(278 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received Grant/Fund from the World Bank to prepare for execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a qualified Individual (an Afghan National) to work as Senior Financial Management (FM) Specialist and to carry out relevant financial management activities for the project.
This Consultancy Support will be provided to the World Bank funded Digital CASA Afghanistan Project at MCIT.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to strengthen the Regional and expand National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) strengthening of broadband connectivity in the region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “Govnet” to connect some of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations/Procedures, Policies and Strategies for growth of ICT Sector in the country.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above-mentioned objectives of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual Consultant to work as Financial Management Specialist
Objectives of the Consultancy Assignment:
The objective of this assignment is to support the Digital CASA PIU in the financial management, oversight and disbursement areas under the project and to guide/assist the finance department staff members of MCIT to perform related tasks.
The consultant will work under the guidance of the Project Director of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and coordinate finance related tasks/issues with other staff in Finance Directorate of MCIT, ATRA and MoF. He/she will be accountable for ensuring that the project will have in place an adequate project financial management system that can provide, with a reasonable assurance, accurate and timely information on the project status in a reporting format agreed with the project as required by the World Bank.
|Date Posted:||13 Feb 2019||Reference:||MCIT/Digital CASA/IC-5|
|Closing Date:||22 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing, establishing and maintaining appropriate project financial management system including internal controls, budgeting, accounting, reporting and auditing;
• Maintaining up-to-date project accounting books and records for all project activities;
• Preparation of the project financial statements and related project reports including FMRs on a regular basis;
• Consolidating project financial statements and related project reports when required;
• Submitting project financial statements and related project reports to the World Bank(WB) for review in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and reporting the disbursement status and progress to the Project Team Leader and WB as required;
• Ensuring that disbursement procedures are in accordance with WB requirements;
• Managing and maintaining the Designated Account (DA);
• Preparing withdrawal applications and monthly bank reconciliation statement in a timely manner;
• Assisting and working with external auditors to complete the annual audit for the project in a timely manner;
• Submitting the annual project audit report to WB in accordance with the WB requirement;
• Coordination of necessary works with the Ministry of Finance;
• Keeping and filing all accounting vouchers, records, forms, supporting documents and other relevant financial documents in a systematic manner;
• Follow up with concerned government departments and the World Bank on financial management and disbursement issues when required.
• Coordinating with, providing necessary training or assistance to other implementing agencies on project financial management and disbursement.
• Organizing trainings for staff from the Finance Directorate of MCIT and ATRA on financial management of projects
• Knowledge of/experience with latest World Bank financial regulations is required, and other international organizations is desirable;
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting System, International Standards on Auditing;
• Good understanding and previous work experience in preparation of financial statements including statements which link the financial to non-financial information;
• Fluency in English and in one of the official languages of the country (Pashto or Dari) and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
• Basic understanding of information systems, including previous work experience using financial and accounting software;
• High integrity and accountability, good team work spirit;
• Good knowledge of business operations in Afghanistan, the Government’s accounting policies and procedures, and knowledge of and experience with World Bank financial management and disbursement procedures and policies.
Timing and Deliverables:
The Consultant should submit reports as requested to the Project Director of World Bank funded Digital CASA Project.
This full-time assignment is expected to commence in March 2019. The contract, envisaged as a long-term position, will be signed for an initial period of 12 months with a probation period of three months, during which the contract can be terminated. The contract can be extended beyond the original term subject to the specialist’s satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The Consultant will be paid on monthly basis as per the government rules.
Support that will be given to the Consultant at Kabul:
MCIT shall provide the following support:
• A suitable working space inside the MCIT Complex.
• Internet connectivity in Office.
• Mobile Phone Top-up
• Transportation Allowance
• Citizen of Afghanistan
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting, Commerce or economics.
• At least 5 years of direct relevant work experience in finance and accounting field; Having direct responsibility of financial management in a world bank founded project in the last 3 years, is mandatory.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Brochures, Description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of appropriate skills etc.).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January, 2011 edition).
Expressions of interest (Cover Letter and a detailed Resume) must be submitted by 22th of February 2019, 16.00 Kabul time to the following email address:
Applications sent later than the indicated date/time will not be considered.
email@example.com CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior National Training center Officer at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Coordinator of Finance Supporting Unit at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Coordinator of Procurement Supporting Unit at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Regional General Manager at AFTEL||Herat||25 Feb 2019|
|Senior Business Mentoring Officer at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|National Consultant - Trade Show Support Assi.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Project Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Business Development Associate at Ariana Hewad||Helmand||20 Feb 2019|
|Business Mentor at ASARA||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2019|