System analysis and design senior specialist(314 Views)
About National Procurement Authority
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement.
Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
Under the supervision of system analysis and design Manager, the system’s analysis and design senior specialist is responsible for the systematic review of policies and legislation for the adequacy of the electronic procurement systems and draft new policies, procedures, rules and other needed documents for better implementation of the developed system. Details of the tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
|Date Posted:||14 Feb 2019||Reference:||NPA/FSP/C-16|
|Closing Date:||23 Feb 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||128000 to 156444 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
● Analyze the current developed systems of electronic procurement in light of the legal and regulatory basis and identify the legal gaps, overlaps, conflicts, and common problems and recommend solutions;
● Legal Analysis of the to be developed systems + developed systems, and prepare the legal analysis in the feasibility study paper;
● Identify the problems or conflicts that might occur while implementing an electronic procurement system and recommend a solution to tackle that conflict based on national and international laws or best practices;
● Prepare a work plan and policy development management mechanism for better and efficient operations in a situation where e-governance law does not exist;
● Design and draft a system policy and rules of procedure and finalize with Procurement Policy Directorate;
● Assist in preparing e-GP policy and legal documents with close coordination with Procurement Policy Directorate;
● Build the capacity of SAD staff and other related departments in the areas of policy and procedure development and management;
● Any other task and responsibility assigned by the direct supervisor.
● Concrete knowledge of substantive laws specifically procurement law and legal procedures
● Expert in conveying information in a clear, concise and logical manner
● Master legal terminology to conduct basic legal research.
● Expert in reviewing complex written legal and non-legal documents, drawing inferences and reaching conclusions
● Expert in legal research and statutory interpretations
● Expert in team collaboration tools, especially Open Project and Trello
● Expert in team collaboration methodologies especially Agile.
● Expert in training and capacity building.
● Strong team player capabilities
● Ability to communicate effectively with management, staff, internal and external stakeholders, various governmental and interest groups, legal parties, and legislative participants.
● Strong planning skills
● Willing to work under pressure.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills
● Keen to learn new technologies and techniques is highly emphasized
● Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Political science, public administration or any other relevant fields.
b) Work Experience:
● 7 years of experience in similar fields, from which 2 years’ experience must be in procurement.
c) Language Requirement:
● Must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking in English.
● Must also have strong communication, reading and writing skills in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested individuals are requested to send their updated CVs and APPLICATION to e-mail mentioning the vacancy title and number in Subject line. Subject: (System analysis and design senior specialist – NPA/FSP/C-16). Only short listed candidates who meet the above criterion will be contacted for written test/ Interview. Note: CVs not mentioning the vacancy title and number in subject line will not be considered, All the applicants should fill in the following forms in PDF:
|More jobs in this category|
|International Senior Connectivity Expert at Ministry of communication and..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT.. at Directorate of Mine Ac..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|IT Helpdesk Engineer (Night Shift) at Afghan Wireless Communication Compa..||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Re - MIS and Database Developer (مرکز ) at DABS||Kabul||19 Feb 2019|
|Project Manager at GTR Group||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|IT Officer at DABS||Kabul||18 Feb 2019|
|بست 4 کارشناس GIS at شاروالی کابل||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|