|Date Posted:||Apr 2, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Apr 16, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MPW-NRAP inc:
The National Rural Access Program (NRAP) is one of the most important National Priority Programs (NPP) of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. The primary focus of the program is the rehabilitation, (re-) construction and maintenance of the rural roads network in all 34 provinces of the country and it is funded by different donors, including the WB, ARTF, EC, DFID, JSDF , USAID and etc. The program has subsequent projects such NERAP, Shindand and etc. The clients representative in the program has been nominated in legal document of project e.g. MSA and TA namely Program Implementation Unit (PIU). The program is committed not only to improve rural access in remote areas but also capacity building of national staffs in order to provide Ministry of Public Works with skilled and trained staff for future operation in which PIU and UNOPS consultants play the foremost role.
The main task of second or contracted staff is to be well involved in NRAP activities and under supervision of Program Consultant enhance his / her capacity moreover the staff will be responsible to accomplish duties defined herewith
With the light of the matter the position will require the bellow duties to be assigned on monitoring engineer.
Requires travel to provinces:
Submitting the inspection report to Head of section, follow up of regions for rectification of defects as per Sub-projects physical progress report and analyses, frequency base
Sub-projects financial progress report and analyses, frequency base
Submission Narrative Report for the monitoring section
All progress/monitoring/survey/quality reports are collected and collated from regional office and closely monitoring sub-project payment
Timely consolidation of information for preparation of sub-project payment
Identifies risks and recommends corrective measures
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect sub-project data and analyses of data.
- Site monitoring for NRAP/MOPW sub-projects and assure quality is according to technical specification and drawing.
- Check sub-projects progress against work plan
- Check sub-projects financial progress against physical progress
- Finding of site problems included (constriction issues, security and social problem)
- Preparation report/Solution for rectification of defects to regions.
- Arrange technical meeting in region in order to site inspection.
- Making monthly and quarterly progress report for head monitoring section.
- Check all responsibilities of the contractor included staff, machineries, social problems, health, safety, gender, community).
- Try to complete the project works according to the schedule of contract terms.
- Monitoring engineers shall write his observation progress report in project Instruction book.
- Performs any other tasks as requested by head of section or supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor degree in civil Engineering or polytechnic is required
At least 5 years’ work experience in a similar position or relevant field
Basic computer skills in Ms Office (Word & Excel)
Be able to uphold and respect in the relevant field ethics and to conduct actives with integrity is a team player who demonstrates patience flexibility and honesty