|Date Posted:||Apr 11, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Apr 23, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The NOSS and Curriculum Development Sr. Officer will work in close collaboration with Sr. C/A Certification and Accreditation Specialist and Senior TVET Specialist and under direct supervision of senior NOSS and curriculum development Specialist and overall responsibility of Project Manager.
He/she ensures that all development activities comply with the approved competency based training processes and system approach.
He/she ensures that the development of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS) is carried
out in-line with the approved methodology and meets the quality assurance requirements.
Particularly he/she would be responsible for the followings:
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plan and prepare schedule for the development of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS), Curricula and Written Instructional Material (WIM) under supervision of Senior NOSS and Curriculum Development specialist.
2. Facilitate development of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS), Curricula and WIM for priority trades;
3. Assist Senior TVET Specialist and NOSS and Curriculum Development specialist in identification of skill areas to be developed into National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS) from private and governmental organizations, industry, professional body, TVET providers, NGOs and also in monitoring and evaluation of TVET delivery;
4. Coordinate for developing competency based curricula, training and learning materials, assessment tools, trainee portfolio etc. with other training and educational establishments and professional bodies based on NOSS;
5. Assist in organizing and conducting DACUM sessions for the occupation, jobs and tasks analysis;
6. Assist in training DACUM members on the approved skills standards development process;
7. Provide feedback to project management unit on the present and future strategies for the development of National occupational skills standard (NOSS), curriculum and WIM.
8. Assist in organizing and conducting Training of Vocational Trainers (TVT) workshops on the introduction of competency based training curricula, training outline, Learning and Instructional Materials, lesson plan, trainee portfolio, training methodology and pedagogy for the project TPs and other TVET providers as required;
9. Provide guidance to the vocational trainers on the usage of NOSS, Curricula, Learning and Instructional materials and trainees portfolio;
10. Any other task assigned by the management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualifications and skills
Bachelor’s degree in Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), in Education, Business Administration, social science or related field;
Excellent facilitation, analytical and writing skills;
Fluency in English language as well as excellent ability to read, write and speak in Dari and/or Pashto;
Minimum professional experience of 5 years for in the area of TVET, curriculum development, training and teaching etc.
Prior experience as a Trainer in national, international or private organizations;